Old Dog (Slydog) learns another new trick.........

PD Power

Finding the air drill motor, which uses the keyless chuck was a great learning experience for this old dog.

Well wouldn't ya' know it, the old dog (or is it old fog) learned another new trick two days ago....at....wait for it........SEARS!! Yep...Sears tool dept.

If you use a lathe or mill or other such equipment, then you know that you are constantly locking down, loosening up, etc.etc.etc. large nuts....usually 1/2" or bigger. Of course each one, be it a vise hold down on a mill table....center post on a lathe, etc.etc. you are always scratching around for the correct wrench to fit the nut in question.

When at Sears tool dept. I saw a genuine Crescent wrench, which uses a slide on one side, to open or close the jaws. It is so slick, that I put most of the other wrenches back in the tool box and use this slide crescent for most everything on the mill or lathe.

The one I bought is about 8" long, and opens to 1". I am hoping to find a couple more of these, maybe a shorter one, with small jaws, and a larger one for bigger than 1" nuts.

Obviously, some nuts require the use of a 360 degree wrench.....and the Crescent is not useful for those.

These are best used on hardened machine tools and are not appropriate for kart use.

This has proven over the last couple of days to be a very useful convenient, time saving tool.
.....Paul Doss (FAS: Slydog)

Back