Old Straight Non ADJ Margay Chassis Setup Help

DRC21

Looking For A Common Setup For My Chassis.
I weigh 348lbs with kart and lead
Run a semi banked long straight tight corner dirt track. City Limits Raceway, Barling, Ar
I have the Toe in about dead center. Been running the setup thats on there since i got the kart and know nothing bout setup. Ran up front everytime i raced.
Looking for a better setup to get faster

Move the seat over to left far as possible, RR out as far as possible, LR tucked in. I ran one this way on some bullrings and it ran decent. Believe it or not, the brake might be your best friend to get it to rotate through the center of the corner, provided you run a track where you have to lift. Lastly, don't be surprised if you have to run some real odd air pressures to compensate for a loose or tight condition.

some have adjustment pills in the spindales that alow some adjustments , I raced one for a bit when I started and did what desi said and it seemed to run decent

I have 2 left engine MARGAYS ,MARGAY has the pills they work great ,setup mentioned here is right ,run seat as far in side as possible .Left front tire down left rear in ,right front in, right rear equal to front. run seat same as offset kart .

But I ended up moving left rear in all the way, Left rear out to line up outsides with the right front. Right front been moved in as far as go. Left front is moved out as far as can go. I ended up stacking the washers on the bottom. Which moved this spindle up. And im still not fast. Wonder if i reverse it and it be the right setup? Running 4 lbs in each tire as well

I have outran newer karts with my old wore out junk chassis. Ive ran up front normally. Guess it just takes good prep and a good driver. But needing help because im still not sure about my setup

it can happen but its not likely if its a sat night race and only a few in class maybe but if theres a phenom,icon,seraph,or triton there and they hit it its game over,but i will say driving old karts helps us as drivers and when we get on a good kart look out! keep trying never give up but i would keep an eye out for a newer kart they can be bought pretty cheap

Back