Old Style Arc FW's

want-hp

Does the old style Arc FW's dated 2012 have a advantage over a new FW. I'm under the impression that the old style have 24* built into the keyway and the new have 32*. It shouldn't matter because I run without a key. I set my timing where I want. A kart got DQ'ed the other night over a FW dated 2012. Is there a performance advantage running the old style. Thx

Was the DQed flywheel modified by chance? Fins cut down or something of that nature? Lightened in some way? Don't know why the 2012 date would make any difference.

DD

What is written in the rules, or track sub regulations? If they are using a sanctioned rule set what does it specify.

I took a second look at the rules and nothing is said about a older style Arc FW. I 'm trying to find out more info. As it stands right now the motor in question got DQ'ed because it was a 2012 Arc FW.

Local track inspector. English Creek Speedway. They have website with rules posted for the box stock clone class. I still have not heard any other info besides the motor in question got DQ'ed for having a older style Arc Fw

I know that's why I'm stumped. I texted the track promoter. Still no answer. I,m trying to get a hold of the person that got DQ'ed. I left right after the main was over. I wish I stuck around.

Back