Older Bandit

SNick75

I was reading that book called start fast and it had mentioned -3 to -4.5 rf camber and +1 left front for like 2001 to 2004 Karts. I have a 2003 Bandit and have been running -2.5 rf and +.5 lf with some success and wondering if I'm leaving anything on the table.

I'm really trying to find any info on a base set up for my 2003 Bandit Cyclops but it seems damn near impossible to find any type of set up on this kart due to its age and being the place is out of business due to the owner passing.

I have an 04 sitting in my parts trailer for sell, I raced it for a few years with pretty good success. It's a pretty good lower bite, sat night Kart. I ran it with an Animal Limited, Cr125 in the UAS, and a KTM 450 and it done well in everything I raced it in if I put the right tires on it.

I shot for +.5 LF, -2.5RF for most of the stuff we ran, that could change depending on the banking in the tracks you run, but should be a good starting place. If you run higher Caster than stock +.75 and -2.75 might not hurt. Caster I think 7-10, or 8-10 is what they were stock, I'm not 100% sure. But, either should he fine. But, it doesn't have numbers on the caster blocks I don't think. So you'll have to use a digital level and find the angle with the kart sitting on a flat level surface to make sure it's correct.

I'd start with these numbers and adjust from there.
60-65 Cross
58 Left
45.5 Nose
RR Wheel 1/4 off the frame rail, then I think 39 rear track is about what they called for. Others might know for sure.
If yours has the adjustable jacking Cassette on the left rear, there is one bolt hole of the four that locks it in a neutral position. Lock it and forget it.

Last edited:
Good old chassis, R.I.P. Tommy Triplett and the entire Bandit racing crew. Good personal friends of mine.

I wouldn't run anything over 2.75* RF camber and keep cross down below 64-65% and you should be good to go if you got the right tire on it.

I was reading that book called start fast and it had mentioned -3 to -4.5 rf camber and +1 left front for like 2001 to 2004 Karts. I have a 2003 Bandit and have been running -2.5 rf and +.5 lf with some success and wondering if I'm leaving anything on the table.

I'm really trying to find any info on a base set up for my 2003 Bandit Cyclops but it seems damn near impossible to find any type of set up on this kart due to its age and being the place is out of business due to the owner passing
I have an 04 sitting in my parts trailer for sell, I raced it for a few years with pretty good success. It's a pretty good lower bite, sat night Kart. I ran it with an Animal Limited, Cr125 in the UAS, and a KTM 450 and it done well in everything I raced it in if I put the right tires on it.

I shot for +.5 LF, -2.5RF for most of the stuff we ran, that could change depending on the banking in the tracks you run, but should be a good starting place. If you run higher Caster than stock +.75 and -2.75 might not hurt. Caster I think 7-10, or 8-10 is what they were stock, I'm not 100% sure. But, either should he fine. But, it doesn't have numbers on the caster blocks I don't think. So you'll have to use a digital level and find the angle with the kart sitting on a flat level surface to make sure it's correct.

I'd start with these numbers and adjust from there.
60-65 Cross
58 Left
45.5 Nose
RR Wheel 1/4 off the frame rail, then I think 39 rear track is about what they called for. Others might know for sure.
If yours has the adjustable jacking Cassette on the left rear, there is one bolt hole of the four that locks it in a neutral position. Lock it and forget it.
Do you still have that 04 bandit for sale

Back