Older Dirt oval Chassis

Dale

What is the opinion of being competitive on a older kart, 1/8 mile dirt driver tall around 6ft about 185lb. Was thinking about buying a older kart, probably not as stiff as the newer ones, maybe 2001-6 . Actually looking for a kart ment to run low cross. Any Ideas?

briggsman4

There are many Phantom Nemesis and U-max Centerforce available cheap. Both of which are still the go-to chassis of many for those tracks, even for those with newer.

GeorgeHenry

Ultramax is a great old kart

ohv60racr

An '01 Shadow zx-1 still runs very competitive and wins races at tracks I race . My son is on one , I want to up-grade him to a newer kart and put my 7 yr old on the Shadow , but the oldest loves the kart too much to pull that off !!

XXX#40

If you can find them the 00-05 Infiniti R1 and the 05-11 XXX are great karts as well.
I would buy something with an adjustable front end to start with.

ABR #69

I agree with Jamie, get something with adjustable front end and you'll be fine. Speed is relative to competition.

W5R

The Millenium Tempest V-2, loved that kart.
Tempest is NOT a low cross kart at all, they work best with high cross, i am on one myself and love it, would reccomend it to anyone, but OP said he wants an older, low cross kart. Phantom Nemesis comes to mind for me also, they are great karts and my brother in law is on one right now, and does good with it wherever we go.

XXX#40

Tempest is NOT a low cross kart at all, they work best with high cross, i am on one myself and love it, would reccomend it to anyone, but OP said he wants an older, low cross kart. Phantom Nemesis comes to mind for me also, they are great karts and my brother in law is on one right now, and does good with it wherever we go.
The Nemesis isnt a low cross kart, just the opposite it wasnt un-common to see upwards of 68%+ used on the Nemesis

ABR #69

I have a stalker if you'd like to have it, $300 roller. New bearings.

Turkey17

I think that back to the first post, you can be competitive on an older kart on the reginal level. I would just suggest make sure it has an adjustable front end and your good to go.