Older frame or straight asphalt frame?

circletrack15

Hey guys! I used to race back in 2008/10 with a Nemesis chassis. I am much older now and we have a new indoor track built here in California and I am looking to get back into racing. My question to you guys is: are there really some guys racing with an asphalt chassis (straight chassis) and actually doing ok? If not, in a month or 2 I will be looking to buy an older offset chassis if any of you knows of where I might find one? An older kart because I am older now LOL but because it does not have to be state of the art up to date as I am doing it just to have some fun. When I raced before I had and a 2003 Banshee as well and the guy I sold it to 6 years ago just won our first winter shoot out with it!! No lie! So I don't have to have anything up to date. In California it is very hard to find anything and everyone says to look here because back east where most of you are, there are karts everywhere?? (older that is) Please let me know what you think or who you might know that would part with a bare frame or frame and axle as well as front end. Thanks and God Bless!! Circletrack15

sounds fun... I know the manufacturers need people to buy new karts and they have to make changes in order for it to be a new better design... but I have always though that a guy who understands HIS kart knowing what it need to do what in the conditions of the day will be faster in his 5yo kart than the guy who just got his new kart 3 months ago... lots of guys still winning races on a Nemesis and i'm putting together an old banshee right now for a kid who would like to race with us some... seems to be pretty cool little kart...... good luck in your search... I don't know what shipping would be to CA from the south... but i see rollers around here for 500-800 all the time

Back