Older go power dy-70 dyno questions?

Does anyone out there have knowledge about this dyno or have a parted out one? I have one im looking to get back functional. Thanks in advance

Does anyone out there have knowledge about this dyno or have a parted out one? I have one im looking to get back functional. Thanks in advance
I would be interested in seeing pictures of it. I had a small Go Power dyno back in the 70s that spurred my interest enough that I ended up buying a bigger one in the midst 80s. I have software, if you want it, to answer the torque readings and get a HP readout along with a chart. If you have the temperature and barometric pressure it will give you corrected HP readings. Just enter those 2 numbers and the software does the math. You can be assured that the calculations and the chart are as accurate as the data you feed it.
madeup HP curne.jpg

I would be interested in seeing pictures of it. I had a small Go Power dyno back in the 70s that spurred my interest enough that I ended up buying a bigger one in the midst 80s. I have software, if you want it, to answer the torque readings and get a HP readout along with a chart. If you have the temperature and barometric pressure it will give you corrected HP readings. Just enter those 2 numbers and the software does the math. You can be assured that the calculations and the chart are as accurate as the data you feed it.
View attachment 11513
Screenshot_20201004-172210_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20201004-172210_YouTube.jpgScreenshot_20201004-172210_YouTube.jpg

I guess you're seeing something I don't see. I see a picture of the RPM gauge/tachometer, and a picture of the dyno. I don't see any other gauges. Does it do a print out? Does it show the torque curve and the HP curve on a monitor? Are the torque readings corrected for barometric pressure and temperature? Without these things the curves are virtually worthless! Now I know you're probably mad at me, but things are what things are. Regardless of what you may be thinking to the contrary, I'm only trying to help. I've been through all this before and I know how frustrating it can become.

I guess you're seeing something I don't see. I see a picture of the RPM gauge/tachometer, and a picture of the dyno. I don't see any other gauges. Does it do a print out? Does it show the torque curve and the HP curve on a monitor? Are the torque readings corrected for barometric pressure and temperature? Without these things the curves are virtually worthless! Now I know you're probably mad at me, but things are what things are. Regardless of what you may be thinking to the contrary, I'm only trying to help. I've been through all this before and I know how frustrating it can become.
Go to YouTube and type in the name of the video. Also no print out but it has two gauges. RPM and pounds. Pounds is the foot pounds of tourqe. Its a simple equation from there. # of pounds × RPM ÷ 1000 = HP. Basically the same thing except it will not work for millennials. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'll send some pics Tomorrow my wife just moved it in the attic cause she didn't know I was about to start messing with it. Right now all I have it the round part. My mother in law has the base. We always just used it as a base to break in fresh engines. Had no idea what the heck it was lol.

I'll send some pics Tomorrow my wife just moved it in the attic cause she didn't know I was about to start messing with it. Right now all I have it the round part. My mother in law has the base. We always just used it as a base to break in fresh engines. Had no idea what the heck it was lol.
Also whats the red line and the blue line. I do like the print out idea for sure

Dis regard the last message its t and p curve. On another note absolutely not buddy. It takes something completely different to get me mad at someone. Especially someone I don't know. I read you loud and clear. Maybe others don't but I can tell you are straight to the point and aint afraid to tell someone if there equipment is flawed. I respect men like that. Reminds me of the man that got me going in this. And with that said I say thank you for the truth sir.

Go to YouTube and type in the name of the video. Also no print out but it has two gauges. RPM and pounds. Pounds is the foot pounds of tourqe. Its a simple equation from there. # of pounds × RPM ÷ 1000 = HP. Basically the same thing except it will not work for millennials. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Torque X RPM / 5252.1 = HP. In this equation the torque is measured in foot-pounds. Your equation probably comes from the fact that the torque arm in your dyno is less than 1 foot. My equation uses foot-pounds of torque. The software is very easily calibrated for any length of torque arm. Does your dyno use acquisition software? Does it give you a print out? Do you have any idea of your timeframe till you start producing data?
I'm here to help if you need it.

It's straight analog. Just dial gauges from the stone ages. Check out Go Powers website and click in the link that says HELP!!! I have an older dyno and I need answers. It will give you the whole story plus ypu can also watch the video i tried to post a little bit ago. Honestly I don't know how to answer any of the questions you just ask because I'm green as can be in the dyno scene. Also because I'm not exactly sure what I am missing with the model I have or what will need replaced. I will keep you personally updated as the progress continues. I'm just glad I have someone to learn from now. Thats really gonna light the fire under my butt. First question for you! What is a tourqe arm? The equation I was using was the equation stamped on the front of the dyno. Ill get a few more pics from the site and post em for you to see

It's straight analog. Just dial gauges from the stone ages. Check out Go What is a tourqe arm? The equation I was using was the equation stamped on the front of the dyno. Ill get a few more pics from the site and post em for you to see
Go to Wikipedia and look up "horsepower". The term was first coined by James Watt's back in the 1800s as a way of letting farmers know how much work his harvesting machine could do compared to a horse.

Torque Arm; I don't know where I get that term, it could just be something I came up with. Essentially it's a 12 inch mechanical arm that is attached to the dyno absorption unit. The other end presses on a gauge of some sort, thus the foot-pounds of torque. The gauge could be hydraulic or electronic (called a Strain Gauge). The arm could be of any length and the gauge could be calibrated for that length. Take pictures of the device on your dyno that feeds the gauges the hydraulic pressure.
dyno sheet complete 10 5 20.jpg

Torque X RPM / 5252.1 = HP. In this equation the torque is measured in foot-pounds. Your equation probably comes from the fact that the torque arm in your dyno is less than 1 foot. My equation uses foot-pounds of torque. The software is very easily calibrated for any length of torque arm. Does your dyno use acquisition software? Does it give you a print out? Do you have any idea of your timeframe till you start producing data?
I'm here to help if you need it.
The torque arm is less than a foot i had that same dyno at one time

Sweet !
Does the engine hook to the backside of that unit ?
Could we see a picture of the rest please .

Back