Older karts

I tried searching for this, but have come up short. I am looking to get back into karting after a 15 year absence. How much of a benefit (if any) would buying a newer kart give me? Or would anything with an adjustable front end do for a couple seasons? I plan on racing at a local asphalt oval, and maybe some dirt as well.

Try to stay with in 10 or 12 years.
Try to learn all you can about the chassis, as to what class and how well it was taken care of.
Watch out on Facebook way too much junk priced as if it was top of the line
Do you recommend shopping at the track instead?

I tried searching for this, but have come up short. I am looking to get back into karting after a 15 year absence. How much of a benefit (if any) would buying a newer kart give me? Or would anything with an adjustable front end do for a couple seasons? I plan on racing at a local asphalt oval, and maybe some dirt as well.
I'm keeping pace with the top 3 at my local track with my 94 stalker. Dont worry about it man the right set of tires will make anything fast. Just go and have fun man.

Won the points championship last year with an '05 Rage Dagger. Don't let age turn you away. The only thing I'd suggest with newer karts is parts availability. WHEN you break it's nice to have more of a modern design that can fit modern parts.

Until the better competition shows up with old equipment lol ;)
Yeah never saw that happen, better competition are on newer chassis slapping fresh rubber on every time they hit the track and have a head wrench and a tire guy in their pit.
Name 1 money race where someone was on a chassis older than 5 yrs?
And championships don't mean anything anymore, they are just attendance awards

For the price of used karts, I'd try to stay at a 2010 or newer. The exception to that would be a PRC Phenom (2004-2009) which are phenomenal pavement chassis.

No sense in buying a 20 year old chassis for 500 bucks when you can buy a 2010-2020 for 800-1500 and be lightyears ahead

For the price of used karts, I'd try to stay at a 2010 or newer. The exception to that would be a PRC Phenom (2004-2009) which are phenomenal pavement chassis.

No sense in buying a 20 year old chassis for 500 bucks when you can buy a 2010-2020 for 800-1500 and be lightyears ahead
From the look of Facebook 20 yr old chassis are going for a bundle

Love my 05 phenom. Still gets the job done locally on dirt but as soon as the guys with bigger pockets show up I'm out there just turning laps. The newer chassis with the right tires will be faster than a 15 year old one with the right tires.

Love my 05 phenom. Still gets the job done locally on dirt but as soon as the guys with bigger pockets show up I'm out there just turning laps. The newer chassis with the right tires will be faster than a 15 year old one with the right tires.
The Phenom can still win in certain conditions

I will say Jamie that when the track has zero bite and I'm spot on with prep the chassis is golden but in a high bite situation the newer stuff just seems to roll better.

Back