Older trick chassis setup

I have a friend who is running a older trick chassis. It doesn’t have an adjustable front end. What would be a good starting point when scaling the kart

I have a friend who is running a older trick chassis. It doesn’t have an adjustable front end. What would be a good starting point when scaling the kart
Back in the 60s, with my Rupp Chaparral, I got in a wreck one day. Bent the left front axle up. Tried to finish the race. Noticed the kart would turn left really well but it wouldn't turn right worth a damn. This was on a Sprint track. It's a cut and try thing, but bend the kart frame up on the left and see what happens. I'm assuming we're talking about a oval track. Add some stagger to the rear and you've got a LTO kart.
Bending the frame is pretty easy. Put the left wheel on a 5 gallon can, have someone sit on the left rear tire, jump on the right front tire. You can scale that, if you have scales.

A wild guess 46F, 58L, 62C. Camber, you'll have to call the factory for new spindles. Rear stagger depends on the track. Stagger and RF camber before you scale it.

Maybe not a winning combination, but a whole lot better than a straight-up kart.

I need a setup for a older trick typhoon for be 375 class
Hey Phil 11, are you still running this kart and are you running a 12.00x800-6 on the right front? I have a 1997 Typhoon. When I got this kart it had the 12.00x800-6 tire on the right front, ( note: the spindle arm has a notch cut in it so that the rim doesn`t rub it ) and it drove like a truck without power steering unless I had a new tire with 1 1/2 stagger. I completely rebuilt this kart last year. I called TRICK to get setup numbers but they didn`t have that information anymore. The setup numbers listed above are good. But they told me that when this kart was designed it had the 11.5x600-6 tire on the right front. I tried it and what a difference, like the power steering is turn back on. My kart now handles great with ease. My last race I weighed 355# and my tires were LF 10.5X450-6 RF 11.5X600-6 with 1 5/16" stagger LR 11.5X600-6 RR 12.00X800-6 with 1" stagger.

Back