On board weight jacker

Komet99

Has anyone here built there own weight jacker on the right front? I had a kart one time that some guys threaded the top and bottom of the c bracket, put in some treaded rod, tied it together and made an easy weight jacker. Just unlock the top nut and spine it and it would raise and lower the spindle. Mine wasnt on board though, but I did see a few that had a handle sticking up.

Has anyone here built there own weight jacker on the right front? I had a kart one time that some guys threaded the top and bottom of the c bracket, put in some treaded rod, tied it together and made an easy weight jacker. Just unlock the top nut and spine it and it would raise and lower the spindle. Mine wasnt on board though, but I did see a few that had a handle sticking up.
Yes, but they are very inconsistent, that's why we have washers.
They catch you messing with it while racing its an automatic DQ

Not sure where i saw this . It was recently though .

Attachments

• 26356.jpeg
    26356.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 139
We've used adjustable kingpins on our chassis for many years.
They work quite well if you keep them maintained.
The key to keeping your weights on the scales the same each time is simply making the final adjustment by winding the adjuster clockwise so that it preloaded the threads and jam nut the same each time.

Remote weight jackers were made illegal sometime around 1990 if I remember correctly.
We had a cable remote to the RF spindle of our kart that could be adjusted on the fly at a WKA Kingdom of Outlaws race at Deerfield, Ohio. It worked so well that 2 weeks later they were made illegal. I can't say that it was specifically because of our kart that weekend, but let's just say that it made an "impression." :)
Roger Kinser made the first "commercially available" remote weight adjusters that I remember. We used, and sold, quite a few of them there for a year or two.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Isn't it really just an easier way to adjust weight without using washers? When we first started I had an Emmick with threaded kingpins but didnt know enough to actually use them.

Our Legend and Buller had adjustable king pins .
Easy to adjust . Also another wear point .
Adjustable isn't always good .

Yes, Coyote still sells them. They call them dirt jackers, I think. I installed a set on my old Freeroller years ago. As a matter of fact, I ended up installing them on a few local kart. I remember one was a Coyote Bullet and another kart was a Probe.

Some people tune with wrenches. Some people tune with tires. Wrenches are cheaper and faster.
I didnt set a track mph record because adjustable weight jackers are peices of junk .
Im not a national champion because adjustable weight jackers are peices of junk .

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people tune with wrenches. Some people tune with tires. Wrenches are cheaper and faster.
I didnt set a track mph record because adjustable weight jackers are peices of junk .
Im not a national champion because adjustable weight jackers are peices of junk .
You can tune with wrenches all you want, if the tires are junk it won't matter.
National champion of what?
We didn't win over 150 features and 10 track championships in 5 seasons with a weight jack because they are junk,
Again if front weight jackers were so good every kart sold would have them.
But working for and being sponsored by a major chassis company for 11 yrs, we put a bunch of stuff under a microscope for consistency, weight jackers were the first that went in the trash

My CRG LTO has one, and it's a nice design. It's set up to be clamped when driving, and not adjustable on the fly.

Back