On the RR too much exiting

CETRacing

What setup options are there to fix being on the right rear too much exiting a corner from center off? Feels like all weight is on the RR and not enough on the LR to create drive off...

Start at corner entry.

If you have a little problem there, it carries all the way thru the corner. Possibly the whole lap.

If you get entry right, the rest of the corner generally takes care of itself.

It's better with the whole setup..cause sometimes it can be one thing that correlates with another. For example left front camber is too high, but some run extra left side weight with that higher camber and it negates the loading effect but increases the pull to the left

being on the right rear too much exiting a corner from center off?
Unless your turning more or steering more center off:
You can only have too much weight starting >>at<< the center if you already have too much weight on the RR before center.
Mechanical fix will be to start getting rid of weight on the RR sooner.
A timing problem.

If your turning >>more<< center off and then later straightening it out as in post #2 fix your entry.

Sounds like your chopping off the corner some on entry.

Track is an extremely tiny bullring
Clone 360
Burris tires
Cross 63
Left 60
Front 46
I can tell ya right now without the other set up numbers that your running too low of cross with that much left. General rule of thumb I never recommend running lower than 66 when I am needing that much left. I don’t care what chassis you are on…… most chassis built these days are generally 1-1.5% of recommended set up numbers.

Once you get a “basic” set up underneath you it’s all tires….. usually I am only changing camber and rear stagger from track to track. 1/8 mile to a 1/5 mile……

you want more on the left rear more cross is what your looking for. if you are a tall driver or your seat is mounted too high you will need more left.

Back