only 5 pages of new posts???????

There's been over a thousand new posts per day for well over the past month, and there has been no pruning.
Probably has more to do with me reducing search results to a reasonable number.

^ I was just going to say this.
My search results have dropped dramatically.
Quick way to check is to search your signature (or other particular word that you use in every post), then compare to all posts made by your user name.
Word searches recently dropped big time.
I first noticed this when I search for particular items I was interested in buying (Bully, animal, etc) and came up with less results than what I was accustomed to. It makes it a bit more difficult to find older posts of things for sale that you know you've seen a month or more ago without knowing the seller's user name.
Looks like we'll just have to find a new way to search, or keep track of items of interest better by their seller's name.

Bob,
How are the current user numbers, subscribers, and post counts compared to pre-crash numbers.
Just curious.

Thanks,
Brian Carlson

There's been over a thousand new posts per day for well over the past month, and there has been no pruning.
Probably has more to do with me reducing search results to a reasonable number.

I suspect the searches eats into server time and the whole site will run faster if search pages are limited.(but I don't know for sure)

I just started using the find all posts function to quickly look at BS I wrote. I use to click on the few parts of the site I generally went to one at a time, but the search for all my posts is much faster. I'd bet if everyone did that especially those selling stuff and got back a ton of pages, it would hog the server down. The site does seem a bit faster now. But then again i'm just guessing about server usage.

I think three pages at most are enough for me to get back. Until just now I never even looked at the second page.

Bob,
How are the current user numbers, subscribers, and post counts compared to pre-crash numbers.
Just curious.

Thanks,
Brian Carlson
Total number of users per day is about the same.
Number of registered users per day is down about 10 or 15%, because many haven't gotten around to registering again. This number is on a steady increase.
Number of posts per day is about the same, between 800 and 1300 depending on which day of the week it is.
Number of subscribers is only about a fifth of what it was, but I've never pushed the subscriber deal, ever. Shucks, I don't even have a link to it, you have to dig around your user settings to find it.

I just set the search results number back to 500, which is what it's always been. It will get changed back if it starts causing me trouble.

it is in settings upper right corner of page then click paid subsriptions on left hand side of page

Back