open animal not turning past 7400 rpm.

Southern Boogie

Hey guys i have an open animal ive had some issues with rpm. Get in pedal out the corner and motor turns hard a steady until 7400. Then it goes silent. Its not too low of gear compared to other identical motors on same track have no trouble turning 8300. Ive had motor dyno tuned and was said to run 8500 on dyno. Hole in fuel tank top is been enlarged so it breathes well. Is it possible for the tach to short out the coil somehow and cause it? Or does it seem coil is the issue? My coil is a lil farther from flywheel than i thought it should be but builder said it wasnt too far and shouldnt be the issue. Thanks guys. Again motor goes silent at 7400 and soon as u let off and punch it again it runs hard back to 7400. Has pvl ignition btw.

had the same problem an it was the coil. I changed itan off it went. set the coil with 2 business cards an see if it helps. good luck

Is it pulling good off the corner, and doesnt seem to have mechanical problem within ?? Motors good ! -check with different tach- and like winnerscircle said...look at settings on tach. Let us know what ya find !

Sorry it took me a min to get back. Actually found the clutch to be the issue. Changed clutch and ran strong to 8160 in heat race which i won. Had lead in feature and blew motor to pieces. Crank broke at journal at 8050rpm. Time for a break.

Back