open animal

You realize that's a big task. Double+ what a blueprinted animal makes.
Cost is not a concern ?
Carlson , Baker or Jimbo might be able to help.

4 Cycle Member
1st Johnny Myers with 33.19hp

2nd Charles Mosley with 31.96hp

3rd George R. Owenby with 27.35hp
This years challenge.

LOL @ Jimbo.
Yea, that's right.

I believe that the small block dyno challenge did not permit the use of billet heads -- if it had, those numbers would have increased a good bit. The billet head that Jimbo uses is a nice piece.

We can build it, realistically in the 25 HP range that will live for oval racing.
Numbers are all relative though...I can say 25 CHP, and the next guy advertise 35 HP.
I guess I'm just not a real good salesman, and neither is my dyno. ;)
30 CHP on my dyno would be a real stretch (and very expensive.)
This is why the big block Hondas caught on many years ago -- you can build the same power, turn it less rpm, and for less money.
For the small block open class, though, a well built stroker animal with a good billet head and one of our CRE pumper carbs would be hard to beat. :)

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

If it's a local track you're racing at I'd keep in mind you'll be spending A LOT of money for such a small platform. Also, don't be upset when you get beat spending all that cash from a little clone or predator or even a flathead that has a better tuned kart and tire system. Opens are a lot of fun but if you can't control it things will get frustrating when you're beat by less expensive, way less powered systems. Just something to keep in mind.
But if you have a great setup in place for more power then go for it!!! Always fun to see big powerplants come out to play! :D

okay guy im going to let the cat out of the bag the motor is done and it is way better then I thought thirty plus and way more room to go.

….so why'd you ask? :confused:
You had really good info come from reputable builders that took the time to tell you what's involved only to have the project already completed?

Just to show that it can be done everybody says it cant be done and then people trash you after it is like mac-49 did. And no not a feels like dyno and yes no two dynos are the same.

I didn't trash you.
In fact, congratulations on your success.
I simply asked you a question, maybe you could answer it for me.
While your at it maybe you could tell me the displacement, carb size, compression ratio, lift at the valve and what type of fuel you are using.

They guy just found more power than anyone else, and you expect him to tell you how he got it, Jimbo, Come on! ;)

What I'd like to know is this part:

"...and way more room to go." :rolleyes:

Now, what was that correction factor again?

Come on guys.
I'm not trying to humiliate anyone.
I'm not asking for any secrets.
Just basic info so we can have and adult conversation here.

Just to show that it can be done everybody says it cant be done and then people trash you after it is like mac-49 did. And no not a feels like dyno and yes no two dynos are the same.

I wasn't trying to come off as trashing so I apologize if it seemed like it, just was having a little fun commentary on it and that's my bad. It's just that you legit had the motor complete with dyno runs yet still asked well know professionals their opinions on expectations of the results, and when they said it most likely couldn't be done...you not only mentioned about how you proved them wrong, you went above and beyond to note that there's "way more to go".
So I'll sit back and let you explain how you out-built some of the most well known builders in this industry.

Hey Jimbo I didn't say you trashed me. it was dynoed on a weather correct dyno Jimbo. Mac-49 I didn't ask these guys to take time out of there work schedules to tell me anything but I do appreciate what they do and did.any time some one talks about builds there are people that like to trash people. I was asking to see if this is abnormal or if we just hit it with the parts that we picked out.

I'm still curious about the dyno.
What brand is it? Is it a water break, a hydraulic, an eddy current or inertia dyno.
I can post a picture of it for you and that will go a long way towards your credibility.
Do we know the person that tested it? Is he a visitor to this site?

Back