Open clone problem

Shaggy12c

I have a clone that turns up fine and pulls great for about 5 laps then the motor kinda flutters. After that it acts sluggish and looses power. Only a couple laps later to pick back up to where it should be. Clone milled head as valves roller rockers 28lb springs billet retainers 308 cam flat top piston

Stays consistent with the problem. It's a gman 2 quart tank. Also the valve cover has the pulse line to pump and two other holes drilled hole on top goes to the catch can stock hole plugged

i had similar problem a few years ago. i found that my flywheel magnet was rusted up some. im sure from washing kart afterwards. took some sand paper sand rust off and no more problems. atleast thats what was wrong with my kart. flywheel was arc 6619. still a great flywheel though.

Stays consistent with the problem. It's a gman 2 quart tank. Also the valve cover has the pulse line to pump and two other holes drilled hole on top goes to the catch can stock hole plugged

Can you pull vacuum off your intake, instead of the valve cover. Or are you running a Clone carb ?

I had a problem like that and found I was relieving too much crankcase pressure. Wouldn't produce enough pulse for the fuel pump to pump after a few laps at speed. Changed up my pulse to the crankcase from the valve cover. Now vent from valve cover and crankcase. Arc billet side cover with 2 fittings.

Gonna replace all. Wouldn't hurt anyway lol I'll have to wait a couple days tho it's getting cut on right now for a stroker kit. I have a 5 bolt 02 head thinking bout milling and putting it on. And suggestions? I'm. Newbie to rwyb

I had a problem like that and found I was relieving too much crankcase pressure. Wouldn't produce enough pulse for the fuel pump to pump after a few laps at speed. Changed up my pulse to the crankcase from the valve cover. Now vent from valve cover and crankcase. Arc billet side cover with 2 fittings.

This has happened to me several times with to much pressure especially with strokers. With these I even put holes in the block to vent. My current engine has the ARC side cover and two holes in top of the block.

A bunch of us were having this problem last year. We found that the coils were getting to hot ( over heating the coil only) some people cut the cover a little and put foam over opening to keep the crud out. It seemed to fix the problem.

I have a clone that turns up fine and pulls great for about 5 laps then the motor kinda flutters. After that it acts sluggish and looses power. Only a couple laps later to pick back up to where it should be. Clone milled head as valves roller rockers 28lb springs billet retainers 308 cam flat top piston

also coil may be breaking down under heat....

Get rid of the stock coil resistor that's up in the boot.take it off and just install a regular coil wire end that's like on a Briggs.
most think its the coil when 85% of the time its the resistor.

Back