Open clutch rule

Might be a little slower on the starts but once you get going it doesn't make much difference. If you can afford a disc clutch, you should get one so you won't be at a disadvantage on the starts

When I change from the Burco centrifugal oil bath clutch, (state-of-the-art at the time) to the Horstman disk clutch, I found that the Horstman seem to have more top end. I don't remember it being any better on the bottom end. Just a feeling really, no hard facts to give you. I do remember that nobody, at this particular race, past me on the top end. And I do remember a lot of people scrambling to refine their setup.

In my opinion, (and my opinion only) if a clutch is slipping at peak torque, and isn't producing excessive heat, the amount of torque being transferred to the rear axle is pretty close to the same, no matter the clutch type. Only a theory of course, but a theory based on a lot of hard work and testing, not bench racing. lol

I have had this discussion with a person who I feel is one of the best in the business.And its directly related to Cridersville and little E going open pipe and open clutch.Wish they would have left it alone but that is only my opinion.Back to where I was going.I was told that a 2 disk clutch will be the best.Drum clutches can be lazy on restarts.Knowing both tracks this will be the case for the lot of us.

And just forvthe record I highly reccomend Shannon Halbert at Gofasthp.com.Great dealings with him.You can also catch him on facebook.

thanks for the replies...im gonna try my luck in april and if i get smacked getting on the gas i will think about upgrading

Back