Open Modified race Dumplin Valley 2012

PD, don't be fooled by appearances. It does NOT act like a Carolina/Georgia red clay surface. It builds extreme bite, especially into the evening, with moisture. When a Carolina track slows down with evening moisture, this track gets faster. Based on my one visit with WCUAS in 2009.

track is Burris ss33a, I think you can use 33b's also and ss55 for champs. This is an awesome track and run by great people, Steve Horner and the dumpling crew are as good as they come. Always good competition and a fast well prepared track...

There will be a tri state race there next year too. I'm just curious if that will be Maxxis or not since the Tri state series is a Maxxis series. But I know Dumplin is Burris rule normally. Also, what do most UAS racers do, go to the brand usually ran at the track? Isn't UAS Open tire? Just curious how you usually choose, just go with what you know? Lol and what tire would you consider running here knowing it's normally a Burris track?

There will be a tri state race there next year too. I'm just curious if that will be Maxxis or not since the Tri state series is a Maxxis series. But I know Dumplin is Burris rule normally. Also, what do most UAS racers do, go to the brand usually ran at the track? Isn't UAS Open tire? Just curious how you usually choose, just go with what you know? Lol and what tire would you consider running here knowing it's normally a Burris track?

Tire usually ran most of the time is a consideration, you come prepared with plenty of choices. If I can make it I will have Burris, Maxxis, and Vegas in my trailer, but then I need to know what prep to have as well. When you go to a new track you get all the information you can and make your choices from there.jmo

That's what I figured, just go with what you know for the location. Going to be interesting, I can't wait. Hopefully I can make the Tri state race there earlier in the year and get a little time in. Won't be participating in the GN but if they have the opens with a wedge I'll consider that.

http://youtu.be/bnzMpoUEkAI
Barrett Terry on Animal Open at Dumplin Valley for the UAS guys that have never been there or seen the track, about 15 laps before a caution.
Track looks big and fast, but I didn't see any two strokes so I'm guessing they run four stroke only. I wish people wouldn't call it an open class if it's "limited" to 4 strokes only. We have a lot of tracks around here that run a Rwyb class but it's "limited" to only small four strokes, is this the case at this track I'm looking for other nice tracks around ga. to run next year.

Beaver Creek is trying to schedule at least one true RWYB race a month. Toney, AL. Look it up, if it's not too far come join us.

It's always true RWYB, we had 9 the last race of the year.

I run dumplin valley week to week I've won a few races there and I'm putting a uas kart together for next year can't wait love the track and the people

I hate to break it to you, but we won the Tennessee Championship Series Limited Modified class in 2012 at The Valley, and that track IS NOT a high biting track. It will have fair to good bite at times, but that sucker will slick off and fool you when the sun goes down at times. We regularly run our limited in the open class at the Spring and Fall Shootouts. When the race goes long green runs, we can run with and pass most of the opens because the higher horsepower karts burn up the tires while our lower power doesn't fall off as much. Overall it's a really good surface for racing on. You just have to get a hold on it!

Track looks big and fast, but I didn't see any two strokes so I'm guessing they run four stroke only. I wish people wouldn't call it an open class if it's "limited" to 4 strokes only. We have a lot of tracks around here that run a Rwyb class but it's "limited" to only small four strokes, is this the case at this track I'm looking for other nice tracks around ga. to run next year.

No one called it an open class, it was called open animal class, and animal is a 4 stroke.

There you go UAS the track may go dry/slick, just watch the weather. Now where is Won i he loves a dry slick track ?

I wouldn't say it goes dry slick all of the time maybe a little greasy unless its summer of course but with the time that the uas will be there it might get greasy at night if its cold enough

No one called it an open class, it was called open animal class, and animal is a 4 stroke.
I beleive in the video it says open look again. Someone just said its a true Rwyb class once a month and come on, so which is it? I can run either I don't have an animal but I do have a clone that I don't think any animal guys will have a problem with since the animal is so superior to the clone.

It does say they guy was on an open animal but it didn't say it was an open animal class. I run a local Rwyb class and we mix animals, clones, Hondas, everything even if you want to put a banshee twin cylinder motor on it we don't care just good luck.

They never run uas there the vid is just open modified I know a guy that runs a limited animal in the open class and does pretty good

Back