Open Motor Kart Safety Gear

I have a stock appearing go kart motor and I am trying to figure out what to wear. I wear gloves, a K1 race jacket and helmet and neck race thing. Alot of people wear a thing that attaches to the helmet and goes around your arm is that necessary with a higher hp kart? Should I be wearing a full suit? It is on alky. I normally wear my jacket and jeans.

I've seen guys where either a full suit, jacket and pants, or just the jeans and leather jacket. That strap is nice if your neck can't handle the constant whip through the corners but most young guys don't use them. It's more common in the older crowd of racers.

Whatever you feel most comfortable with.

One thing to consider .
Alcohol produces very little flame when it burns . Not visible too the eye .
In the sunlight yes but at night it gives off a pretty nice blue lmao. Makes an excellent bonfire starter.

One thing on methanol and safety. Always check your filter and connections everywhere. I had a filter that for some reason had meth left in it dry out and crack. Luckily all the fuel fell on the front of the engine during practice. Always purge the system at the end of the might. Little marvel mystery and gas will extend the life of your lines, filter, carb, and potentially save you from catching on fire.

Get a kart driving suit . Race car suits are fire retardent . Kart suits are abracive resistant . This is for open karts only . Kage karts need a fire suit . I wear full gear any time I on the track , I need to go to work on Monday

Back