open outlaw kart racer turned mower racer 18 hp opposed briggs

hey all I used to run outlaw karts up in mi oh and ill I now am in to mower racing factory experimental twin or open class is there any info out there on the briggs 18 hp I plan to use the age old mods porting, milling, timing, fuel, I am looking for carbs or anything else for it. as for a bit of info on it, it is 43 wide 48 long (wheelbase) the motor has a tourqe a verter is (6 to 1) with a 14t to a 14t (1 to 1) to a (10 to 13) to a 13 to a 63 my overall gear ratio should be 18.29 low and a high of 6.0, you either have to run a long belt, or a chain or chains and a right angle gearbox 1 to 1, calculated speed of this is 60 mph but you have to factor the weight of the machine and driver I figure at least 40 to 45 the motor is completely stock so any help is appreciated.

sweat welll i dohnt . think yuo will have thet problem hear on B4C i chant spell / and my punkuattion is terribllle......................LOL

and i am still around ........;)

most not all the mower guys are running tourqe a verters im going with the small percentage that is for the edge of the .90 overdrive but I put a shaft in my drivetrain to reduce the length of the chain and stay away from the long belt none of my sprockets are more than 7 inches away from each other and have at least 40 to 50 chain to gear contact. I did go to youtube lol and found on tmans gokarts how to figure the gear ratio for all the sprockets looks could be deceiving but when I rip the 20 hp onan v twin to 5k the axle doesn't appear to be turning that fast but my tires are 10x9.50x8 slicks, I did order a programmable speedo and tach unit to know for sure but its still in the china hong kong post lol

Check with EC dist. , they do a lot of race mower stuff and carry all the necessary parts to build them. George Herrin been there for years now and has many years of experience racing them and is a former National champ. Start looking for a pair of HR181's or HR191's which can be converted to alky and work real well for what your building. I'll build the carb's for ya, I've done many. Jon

alky here in da hills of tn gets drank more than ran in a engine is the only problem lol rofl ya I agree id like to do carbs but need intakes if I fabbed them I could make them out of steel I ran ec carbs on all three of my open motors all I did was adjust them for the temp that day and ran them there good carbs I ran the 360 I believe it was

Back