Open/Stock Appearing Lines

How do you guys with open ohvs run lines to breather and stuff like that? Can I get a picture as an idea. I bought new lines so I need to run them and I was wondering how everyone runs the lines on the motors and how they run them to the breather? Can people post some pics please? Thanks!

For ages I ran a hose from a fitting I installed in the valve cover to the fuel pump and a hose from the stock valve cover grommet to the catch can. Thats it, Did everything like this from clones to small block opens. No gasket leaks, no crank seal problems. Now youll get guys answering with a pcv and several additional lines headed to the sidecover, valve cover or catch can. And youll read a lot of theories about this. What you wont read is dyno proof to go with the theories.

I honestly believe that if the was such a big pressurization/vacuum problem, the crappy little Chinese crank seals installed in these rototiller motors would be popping out.

Im sure a lot of guys do the elaborate extra hose and routing because it looks cool.
I mean it is even more breathing for the motor which isn’t really needed in my opinion if you already have a valve cover to crank case line and breather line but at the same time it can’t hurt either. Plus not gonna lie it does look really cool.

I will admit to adding an elaborate can with lines going to the sidecover and valve cover plus my original 2 hose deal. Didnt make it run better and cost us a race when the tank breather vibrated loose and fell out. Oh well.

Attachments

• 20220407_204404.jpg
    20220407_204404.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 99
I will admit to adding an elaborate can with lines going to the sidecover and valve cover plus my original 2 hose deal. Didnt make it run better and cost us a race when the tank breather vibrated loose and fell out. Oh well.
Does look good! What kind of power does it make? What all do you have done to it.

Just guessing maybe 30. Maybe. The guy who dyno tested and tuned it says its the strongest of my sbo motors, the others are 26-27 hp according to him.

Here is how I ran mine. I have these 2 lines running from valve cover to catch can. Do I have them ran right?
Is this the right way to do it? If I did it wrong and have catch can to high or something let me know. Thanks!

Attachments

• 923906DE-AF75-4B7E-8AE3-EE343287C6D4.jpeg
    923906DE-AF75-4B7E-8AE3-EE343287C6D4.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 61
Here is how I ran mine. I have these 2 lines running from valve cover to catch can. Do I have them ran right?
Is this the right way to do it? If I did it wrong and have catch can to high or something let me know. Thanks!
I might be missing it, but where does it vent to? I see lines coming into the catch can, but lines going out? Breather filter? The engine has to breathe - the catch can simply collects the oil that gets "breathed" out. You can also return your drain to the front of the block to retain more oil in the sump - that's pretty common practice -- You'll see that on the animal photos above yours. MUST run a filter to atmosphere though in my opinion.

Back