Open tires

krtrcn

Im considering going to a track where they have an open tire rule. Ive been there and seen mainly burris b33, yellow vegas and maxxis.
The only two tires Ive worked with are maxxis el, which they don't use there, and the burris B33.
Which brand would suit me best. The track gets hard and with a good bit of grip. Ill be running clone 425.
Thanks

Sounds like a Maxxis track to me.

Burris have a very soft sidewall (ie low spring rate) and create decent sidebite, but trade-off roll speed. Duro 50-ish out of the wrapper.
Yellow Vegas work well on low/no bite tracks and have a very stiff sidewall (ie spring rate) for good roll speed even when softened way down or on low psi.
Maxxis, obviously, need to be worked internally and externally to make them fast.
If you're looking at a track that is hard and fast, and bites up a decent amount, needing a 50-60+ duro tire...that's pretty much in the Maxxis wheelhouse.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Im considering going to a track where they have an open tire rule. Ive been there and seen mainly burris b33, yellow vegas and maxxis.
The only two tires Ive worked with are maxxis el, which they don't use there, and the burris B33.
Which brand would suit me best. The track gets hard and with a good bit of grip. Ill be running clone 425.
Thanks

Where are you racing at?

Back