Open Trailers

If you had +100K in a car would you tow it on an open trailer? I think open trailers are cool too but if I had as much into a car as some people do then I would try and save up for an inclosed trailer. But if its just go karts I would use a open trailer. I am not a fan of putting moeny into something just for it to be on an open trailer though.
It would be ideal for all of us to own a enclosed trailer but some of us already have a small fortune( in our pay grade) in karts. I have seen and known guys that have that much if not more in a car and still don't own a enclosed trailer. And honestly how many of us get home from the track and download our equipment as soon as we get home. I know 98 percent of us that have flat bed trailers do how about the guys with enclosed trailers. Only reason I would own an enclosed trailer is the benefits of having more storage space for my karting equipment and my house wouldn't smell like prep for months.

It would be ideal for all of us to own a enclosed trailer but some of us already have a small fortune( in our pay grade) in karts. I have seen and known guys that have that much if not more in a car and still don't own a enclosed trailer. And honestly how many of us get home from the track and download our equipment as soon as we get home. I know 98 percent of us that have flat bed trailers do how about the guys with enclosed trailers. Only reason I would own an enclosed trailer is the benefits of having more storage space for my karting equipment and my house wouldn't smell like prep for months.
With our drag cars biggest thing about enclosed trailer for my dad is people dont mess with our stuff. At the races we leave the trailer and drive the dually to the hotel. We load up and lock our trailer to prevent people from messing with stuff. And on the way home from the races if we park at rest stops to take a quick snooze in the truck people dont mess with stuff or at the hotel. I mean the pickup has been broken into a few times and we have replaced multiple windows but trailer hasnt ever showed signs of being tampered with. And with the 53fter we cant park up close at most hotels in the light so its even worse because we have to park by ourselves.

If you had a small fortune in a race car you would allow it to be exposed to the elements?
Rain?....on a late model or sprint car that gets caked in mud every night? Sure. Wouldn't hesitate. It provides a statement, that we will do whatever it takes.
I wasn't really talking about drag racing but I feel like you see it way more (open trailers) than any other form of racing, including karts.

Could be wrong and I'm sure if I am xxx will tell me all about it.

With our drag cars biggest thing about enclosed trailer for my dad is people dont mess with our stuff. At the races we leave the trailer and drive the dually to the hotel. We load up and lock our trailer to prevent people from messing with stuff. And on the way home from the races if we park at rest stops to take a quick snooze in the truck people dont mess with stuff or at the hotel. I mean the pickup has been broken into a few times and we have replaced multiple windows but trailer hasnt ever showed signs of being tampered with. And with the 53fter we cant park up close at most hotels in the light so its even worse because we have to park by ourselves.
Usually they just take the whole trailer.

Rain?....on a late model or sprint car that gets caked in mud every night? Sure. Wouldn't hesitate. It provides a statement, that we will do whatever it takes.
I wasn't really talking about drag racing but I feel like you see it way more (open trailers) than any other form of racing, including karts.

Could be wrong and I'm sure if I am xxx will tell me all about it.
What about your support equipment that it takes to run competitively, shock dyno for instance?
The creature comforts alone are worth the price.
I don't look down on anyone hauling open, and I don't put too much stock into their competitiveness by the type of trailer they have.
If you could afford it, you'd have one decked out too, TV, AC/Heat, refrigerator, air compressor etc.
I can build a house with a hand saw and hammer and nails, but why would I?
No thanks, we'll keep our trailer.

What about your support equipment that it takes to run competitively, shock dyno for instance?
The creature comforts alone are worth the price.
I don't look down on anyone hauling open, and I don't put too much stock into their competitiveness by the type of trailer they have.
If you could afford it, you'd have one decked out too, TV, AC/Heat, refrigerator, air compressor etc.
I can build a house with a hand saw and hammer and nails, but why would I?
No thanks, we'll keep our trailer.
I think we got off the topic of this post as always. Nobody's hating about those with enclosed trailers or what amenities they have in them. The op asked about open trailers

I think we got off the topic of this post as always. Nobody's hating about those with enclosed trailers or what amenities they have in them. The op asked about open trailers
We started karting out of the back of my pickup
My son and I when he was 8 built a diamond plate, gas shock assisted lift tonneau cover and the kart sat on top on a rail like a kart stand, could lift the top with the kart in place.
Ez up and the tailgate made a great work bench.
When he was 10 we built a small 5x8x2ft tall box out of an old utility trailer, kart on top, everything else stored inside underneath, idea came from a buddy that had a very old Sears tent camper, tent part was gone, but a very cool box was there, he had a tarp made that snapped on and covered the kart, painted black and graphics on the sides, made it 😎, camper below.
First enclosed trailer we had started as a tractor supply axle and fenders, and a pile of steel, with some parts from a local enclosed trailer plant, was a 6x12
Looked factory when it was finished.
Best one we seen was a scaled down version of an open late model trailer, I talked with the dad and almost built one.
Didn't really care about any of it, but it allowed plenty of son time alone, and taught him things he uses today in his profession, he learned that races were won an lost in the shop and the effort you put in.

Attachments

• 0303493b1510f6a716237371afb8c44c.jpg
    0303493b1510f6a716237371afb8c44c.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 44
Back