Opinions: Best Shoe clutch on the market?

Bingo. I look for durability, and tune ability. If it’s a stout piece that lets me change drivers and stall speed I’m in.

We run stingers on our karts that have to run show clutches. Use bully drivers and can change springs very easy. Have worked well for us.

Unless your rules will allow the malossi clutch, many do not in sprint at least, the best is the SMC Rocket Rim. It's based on the stinger design. It requires little maintenance after break in. Basically a better machined and updated stinger.

Bingo. I look for durability, and tune ability. If it’s a stout piece that lets me change drivers and stall speed I’m in.
Exactly right in my opinion. Reliability is great, and tunability would be very high in my choice of clutches. Wouldn't you have to weigh one against the other? Give up some reliability for better tunability? I don't know all the clutchs out there, maybe one could give you both. I've never run a Max Torque clutch, but I hear their company is very high on karting and puts a lot of effort into making clutches that fulfill both needs. There were Max Torque clutches in use when I started karting in 1966, they must be doing something right!

We use the NORAM GE ULTIMATE. Clutch for us has performed flawlessly, uses bully style drivers is fully serviceable and adjustable for both engagement style and rpm. And it has a pretty robust basket that is vented for heat exhaustion. My only complaint is the fiber style shoes I wish came in a heavy option.

Unless your rules will allow the malossi clutch, many do not in sprint at least, the best is the SMC Rocket Rim. It's based on the stinger design. It requires little maintenance after break in. Basically a better machined and updated stinger.
What is a malossi clutch? Ive never heard of one.

What is a malossi clutch? Ive never heard of one.
It's basically an Italian scooter clutch. Sold under the Snap Ya Neck name. Very durable and low maintenance. I know people are going to say "Drum clutches don't require much maintenance" Well, in top level sprint racing you are cleaning rebuilding or replacing after every time on the track. Most have two or three they cycle through in a day especially with some of the most popular clutches. Briggs deemed the malossi illegal in 206. Some tracks and series are using it anyway.

Attachments

• Snap ya neck.jpg
    Snap ya neck.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 144
Where would one get this "snap ya neck" clutch at? I can't find one for sale anywhere...

EDIT: I found the Malossi but there are tons of options all based on scooters, which one works with the 3/4" shaft of a clone/briggs? I'm interested in more info on this clutch if you have it!

Last edited:
Back