opinions between hre and welch clones?

I have found someone with a good buy on one of each and they are both brand new national motors. Going to buy one for my son and was leaning towards the welch but I thought I would check here for opinions. Im not looking to bash either one so please don't, just want to see if anyone runs either to give me some feedback. They are both unrestricted but I am going to make it a red plate motor with a new holey moses carb, any other changes you would make?
Thanks

I don't know about hre clones but welch clones wone 3 of the big burris national races this past weekend at dumplin valley.

If the HRE is a hurricane racing engine, they are very good also. Jerry's service is excellent and if he's closer to you I would go with the Welch. Why would you change the carb, the motors are tuned to the carb that's on it?

Hre is harshman racing engines. The reason I am going to change the carb is because it is set up as an unrestricted motor now and I am going to be running a red plate for my son so I am going to use the new holey moses red plate carb I have.

Cant go wrong with one of Jerry's engines, he's also a full service shop, on of the best burris guys in the business, and the info you would gain from him by being a customer is priceless

Cant go wrong with one of Jerry's engines, he's also a full service shop, on of the best burris guys in the business, and the info you would gain from him by being a customer is priceless

+1

And, some more just to meet the character limit...

Jerry treats his customers right. I dont run one, but one of my buddies does and Jerry is always there whenever he needs him. His motors are always at least near the front if they arent in first. If its brand new, Id give Welch a call about the carb and see what his suggestion would be first before I changed anything. I dont know anything about HRE, so I cant give you a comparison.

Back