O'Reilly National Indoor Kart Championships UAS

Guys, there are plenty of open karts out there to compete. It's getting them together that's the problem. That is a quality event with history. I saw a list that had 41 racers on it for this class. Many aren't on the UAS national points list. The vast majority of racers just don't want to pay membership when they can't see a return on their investment. That's a philosophical issue that the UAS has had with many racers since the membership dues started. As long as it is in place, that will continue.

Mike

Guys, there are plenty of open karts out there to compete. It's getting them together that's the problem. That is a quality event with history. I saw a list that had 41 racers on it for this class. Many aren't on the UAS national points list. The vast majority of racers just don't want to pay membership when they can't see a return on their investment. That's a philosophical issue that the UAS has had with many racers since the membership dues started. As long as it is in place, that will continue.

Mike

Do you have to be a member of WKA to race for a WKA championship? Just wondering, Maybe WKA should stop forcing racers to be members to grow the WKA, Heck just think if AMA stopped charging to be a member that could really take off and become huge. campaigning already Mike?

I Know the guy that finished 4th Chance Latiolais and he was on a 4 cycle. The top three were 2 stroker's. He is a very smooth driver would like to see him on a 2 stroke.

Tim,
Please don't. There's no campaigning. The WKA has the same exact problems. It about killed them. All I was saying is that some people refuse to pay dues so there will always be open drivers that don't participate in official UAS related stuff. Please don't take it as a dig.

I have no problem paying dues as long as I feel it benefits "the whole". I even paid into the number program. My number doesn't mean that much to me....BUT I know that the more money the UAS has, the better it can operate.

I am also an AMA member and I race at some of their events and I also do hare scrambles that aren't their events.

All I was saying was that some people don't buy into memberships because it doesn't serve "their" needs. I will say that my AMA membership provides me a lot of things. My WKA membership provided me insurance and car rental discounts that I used. Many never used the WKA membership for that. So comparing the AMA and the WKA memberships to the UAS membership is not really apples to apples.

We are both vocal people. I'm trying to be nice and diplomatic on this site (since the last collapse). I am trying to keep the politics out of my posts. It helps when you don't have to find the worst in things I say.

Mike

Tim,
Please don't. There's no campaigning. The WKA has the same exact problems. It about killed them. All I was saying is that some people refuse to pay dues so there will always be open drivers that don't participate in official UAS related stuff. Please don't take it as a dig.

I have no problem paying dues as long as I feel it benefits "the whole". I even paid into the number program. My number doesn't mean that much to me....BUT I know that the more money the UAS has, the better it can operate.

I am also an AMA member and I race at some of their events and I also do hare scrambles that aren't their events.

All I was saying was that some people don't buy into memberships because it doesn't serve "their" needs. I will say that my AMA membership provides me a lot of things. My WKA membership provided me insurance and car rental discounts that I used. Many never used the WKA membership for that. So comparing the AMA and the WKA memberships to the UAS membership is not really apples to apples.

We are both vocal people. I'm trying to be nice and diplomatic on this site (since the last collapse). It helps when you don't have to find the worst in things I say.
Mike

Mike, You say "Don't" So what you want is for me to sit back and allow you take as many little dig's as you see fit any where and every where. If you want to be nice and diplomatic don't insert your opinion into non related threads. Start a thread of your own and comment away. I know you can't help your self, But it's not me it's you. Your entire post was a jab at the UAS and it's membership so I didn't pick out a little tiny piece the whole post was the worst thing you said.

Tim,
Someone mentioned the great numbers and mentioned that maybe this means growth. I don't think it is that at all. We have plenty of racers out there. Getting them together will always be difficult because many want different things....that's all.

It's not a "dig". What am I "digging at"? Do you really want to keep a pointless argument going just because you feel I have something on my mind?

Please stop.....let's stop. No one wins. You don't. I don't. The UAS doesn't. Open kart racing doesn't.
Mike

Why not make Batesvilles and Thunder a 1/4 point race? Combined they both had almost 60 karts.

There is always going to be sat night uas racers and national points guys. Batesvilles was 65 dollars to enter and Carnesville was 90.00. I don't think anyone was homeless racing either event.

Why not make Batesvilles and Thunder a 1/4 point race? Combined they both had almost 60 karts.

There is always going to be sat night uas racers and national points guys. Batesvilles was 65 dollars to enter and Carnesville was 90.00. I don't think anyone was homeless racing either event.

Not everybody wants everything to be a UAS point race.... Looks like most of the racers at Batesville are not UAS regulars..

You have to ask yourself, what does having it a 1/4 points race offer the event. What does the O'Reilly Indoor National Championship get out of it? Does it help them get more karters in the door? It's not just about what the UAS is to the racer. There are other perspectives to consider.

That said, the UAS could learn a few key things from an event like the Batesville show. Ask yourself why Seay went all the way out there when he had Thanksgiving Thunder in his backyard.

Mike

Mike I am the one that commented on the car count at Batesville. I am glad the car count is up and Chris takes the time to drive out and oversee the UAS guys. I like Open karts and feel the rules set forth by UAS are simple and easy to follow and my deter some from putting motors on a kart that should not. I also feel having the Nationals and Daytona brings more interest in racing opens. The reason I buy the magazine even though I have not raced for three years is I plan on getting back into it. I may follow Mr. Seay's lead and put a driver in my kart and learn to be a crew chief instead of a driver. But with all the positives about Open racing going on we all need to be positive. I see what Mike was talking about the more people that join UAS the stronger it will be.

I agree 100%. Some don't... In the end, as long as everyone is on the same rules package, I believe it helps all of racing.

Others don't like the rules the way they are.....and they may be right. The key is to attempt to get everyone to see what is good with the UAS and focus on that.

Mike

You have to ask yourself, what does having it a 1/4 points race offer the event. What does the O'Reilly Indoor National Championship get out of it? Does it help them get more karters in the door? It's not just about what the UAS is to the racer. There are other perspectives to consider.

That said, the UAS could learn a few key things from an event like the Batesville show. Ask yourself why Seay went all the way out there when he had Thanksgiving Thunder in his backyard.

Mike

Glad he did....

Chris Seay is one of the biggest supporters of the UAS and open modified karting, He loves the concept, the competition, engineering and the challenge. I think the sport owes Chris a huge thankyou for being involved. The guy can't catch much of break either, he's had more gremlins jump up and bite him and he just keeps coming back.

I think the big kart counts are a great sign, I don't care if they want to race for a National title or not, Be a member or not, as long as they enjoy racing and show up. I'd like to keep trying to build the National program so it continues to provide the challenge of a Championship. Were not going to make every one happy But clearly the sport is becoming "THE" open kart rules package nation wide.

Chris Seay is one of the biggest supporters of the UAS and open modified karting, He loves the concept, the competition, engineering and the challenge. I think the sport owes Chris a huge thankyou for being involved. The guy can't catch much of break either, he's had more gremlins jump up and bite him and he just keeps coming back.

I think the big kart counts are a great sign, I don't care if they want to race for a National title or not, Be a member or not, as long as they enjoy racing and show up. I'd like to keep trying to build the National program so it continues to provide the challenge of a Championship. Were not going to make every one happy But clearly the sport is becoming "THE" open kart rules package nation wide.

I'll sec. that....

Tim.....you and I are on the same page....
Mike

4 stroke better suites him personally due to him being so light, his motor was more of a stock f200. hes one of the best open racers i have personally raced against

I have asked Chance to drive my Sudam but does not seem interested. He would be bad fast on it. Maybe one day.

OK Mike, I got a feeling I am going to regret this, buy I'll bite, what are the few key "things" that the UAS could learn from the O'Reilly Indoor National Championship race?

Keep in mind that this race had nothing to do with UAS series! they used the same rules formula that the UAS uses for the engine and weight rules other than that it was a true unlimited race which we need more of!! Like Batesville, Thunder,Big O and so on the more races we have like this the more unlimited racing will grow, look how many new faces we saw at the BigO race this year and it had nothing to do with UAS points racing.. the Big O race a Thanksgiving Thunder races have been the best unlimited races I have been to for many years.

Back