O'Reilly National Indoor Kart Championships UAS

Im not sure you can say a race using uas rules has nothing to do with the uas. No its not a uas national points race but uas rules were used to give a uniform rules structure to the event. Thats the whole purpose of the uas to begin with. The national points system is to help the uas not the other way around. The uas is just a set of rules so unlimited racers can travel from area to area and compete on a common rule format.

Tim,
I wish it was that simple. It would be great if it was. The vast majority of the rules have nothing to do with the engine weight formula and overall dimensions.....which is all Thunder and Batesville used. The UAS would do well to follow their lead......but that's just my opinion.
Mike

Im not sure you can say a race using uas rules has nothing to do with the uas. No its not a uas national points race but uas rules were used to give a uniform rules structure to the event. Thats the whole purpose of the uas to begin with. The national points system is to help the uas not the other way around. The uas is just a set of rules so unlimited racers can travel from area to area and compete on a common rule format.

I said they used the same engine and weight formula that the UAS adopted and uses... Mark or the UAS did not make up the rules they have modified them to what they are right now but they were not the originaters of them I pretty sure the person that did that was from Fl and does not run with the UAS any longer I could be wrong though.. I want a set of rules to go by for the engine part of unlimited type racing and the rules the UAS uses are becoming the norm but I do not beleive in anything UAS other than that any longer and don't want to see it consume all the races around there are alot of racers that don't like the UAS series and want to do something else but seems that some of the UAS members would like to see it everywhere.

Y'all crack me up !! Tim got it right in away Mike did to, think it is Called Local Option in the rules it also say's NOT THE MOST JUST THE BEST! and it was a nonpoints race. Now read the rules, understand the rules, and get back to me. LMAO!

Yeah it would be nice to see it every where. I don't see any other form of unlimited kart racing becoming any where near as popular as the uas. If a racer wants to put together his own version of a unlimited kart and race for local, state, divisional, and national championships. The uas is the place to go. A year from now jerry you may see a championship you want to contend for. Your driver won't be under suspension and the only thing standing in your way will be your ego attitude and the application form. Applications can be submitted but they don't have to be approved. Your blaming mark and the uas for your teams behavior. Thats not good. Bad mouth all our efforts to build a better program and see how they all view your efforts next year. Just saying

Yeah it would be nice to see it every where. I don't see any other form of unlimited kart racing becoming any where near as popular as the uas. If a racer wants to put together his own version of a unlimited kart and race for local, state, divisional, and national championships. The uas is the place to go. A year from now jerry you may see a championship you want to contend for. Your driver won't be under suspension and the only thing standing in your way will be your ego attitude and the application form. Applications can be submitted but they don't have to be approved. Your blaming mark and the uas for your teams behavior. Thats not good. Bad mouth all our efforts to build a better program and see how they all view your efforts next year. Just saying

Tim, I no longer run the UAS at all I don't care if there is a suspenion for my driver or not I can get another driver and race right now but I have to much respect for Rob to do that! I'm not going to race the UAS anymore, Someone else will have to pay the bill or Mark Bergfelt will have to step away from the UAS before I will race my stuff in it. I have all ready told Mark that and that will not tell anybody that the UAS has been a good series to be a part of!! I thought it was at one time but now it has shown me that you raelly can't race in it with all the BS rules about bumping or rubbing on the track keep 12 inchs between the karts come on guys really......it's pure BS IMO I don't care what any of you key board want to be racers say on here.

How come it it when somebody rubed YOUR driver it was wrenches to radiators and Y0UR DRIVER FIGHTING .RUBBING IS RACING JUST DONT DO IT TO ME............Don't get me wrong u can come race with us any time but WE race u like u race us .

How come it it when somebody rubed YOUR driver it was wrenches to radiators and Y0UR DRIVER FIGHTING .RUBBING IS RACING JUST DONT DO IT TO ME............Don't get me wrong u can come race with us any time but WE race u like u race us .

I guess we are just bad guys I don't know what else to say Kent, We got ****ed off because of the way we got drove by an administrator of the UAS and the track did nothing about it Mark did nothing about it he got nothing and we get black balled for throwing somebody to the ground. It doesn't matter to me man I felt like I got the bad end of the deal yes a radiator got torn up the wrong radiator got torn up and it got paided for completely and for more than it cost to replace it.... The other driver that crashed us busted our body up on propose and that cost alot more than any radiator costs. I wish you luck in racing your stuff Kent never had any problems with you.

You have to ask yourself, what does having it a 1/4 points race offer the event.

It probably would draw more UAS drivers to a RWYB event. Easy enough to score UAS and Overall. POWRi welcomes non-POWRi racers but doesn't award POWRi points.

DK

It probably would draw more UAS drivers to a RWYB event. Easy enough to score UAS and Overall. POWRi welcomes non-POWRi racers but doesn't award POWRi points.

DK

The O'Reilly Indoor Kart National was a non official UAS race. It drew more karts than ANY official UAS race did all year. They obviously have something figured out that the UAS doesn't.

Don't limit your racers by attaching unnecessary limitations and regulations on them.

We need to consider changing things in their direction....instead of focusing on changing things to the UAS way.
Mike

Yow broke on start. Think decker was third

I wish I was third! Ran second for a few laps, then first a few laps, then lost it when Langley (I think it was him) passed me. Finished near the back. My dad ran gkk, but not at batesville. Congratulations to John Langley on the win!

With $75 entry, $40 pit pass, and it looked like most unlimited guys were in the paid parking section, I don't see how the lack of a UAS membership could be what drew the crowd. I would guess that it was that it's going to be televised, has been hugely promoted, is at the end of the year, and being an indoor race the guys with the smaller motors (in today's UAS standards) had a chance at winning.

John

Maybe the way to go is get rid of membership fee and just tack on 4 or 5 dollars to the entry fee. Then everyone would be throwing money into the pot and it would eliminate the up-front membership fees which seems to bother a few people.

I wish I was third! Ran second for a few laps, then first a few laps, then lost it when Langley (I think it was him) passed me. Finished near the back. My dad ran gkk, but not at batesville. Congratulations to John Langley on the win!

With $75 entry, $40 pit pass, and it looked like most unlimited guys were in the paid parking section, I don't see how the lack of a UAS membership could be what drew the crowd. I would guess that it was that it's going to be televised, has been hugely promoted, is at the end of the year, and being an indoor race the guys with the smaller motors (in today's UAS standards) had a chance at winning.

John

Come on now John that's not going to fit into the anti UAS change the rules I can't say to what but change them crowd. LOL. Good fricken grief. I hope the guys that raced had a good time.

Wrong, there was another 440 Rotax there. I inquired with the track tech and they said to talk to Chis. I was told he runs here every year, so, so much for following the UAS cc/engine rules.

UAS Rules, Nuff Said is what I remember reading?

Race On,
Kelso

Last edited:
No matter what the reason, you can't deny that this show had the largest numbers of the year. That, alone, will be enough to attract a crowd next year.

I would agree with John Decker in that the small track appeals to drivers that don't have the most power to still show and take a swing at racing to win.

Mike

I was running a 100cc Reed and was never able to get it all to the track. Dismore SR Special:) Qualified 14th in the first round with it. Second round got stuck behind the #390 so I started 18th. I think I made it to 12th before the punt so small and lite works. I should have added weight that I didn't have to just to use the power the little beast has, seriously. Motor is owned by Dennis Sheler and I would like to thank him for the use.
Picked up a push and got punted hard enough to snap the coil wire off with about 3 to go. Had a good time anyway.
I think I'm going to put a wedge back on. The swoop body is nice but I feel a little more secure with the wedge.

Kelso

I heard there was many unhappy people. 23 went home , heard Chris seay tried to put the money to have non qual race but was denied

Maybe the way to go is get rid of membership fee and just tack on 4 or 5 dollars to the entry fee. Then everyone would be throwing money into the pot and it would eliminate the up-front membership fees which seems to bother a few people.

I like this idea. I think there would be more profit for the UAS series if dues were paid like this.

Are you collecting $5 every race? I think the powers that be have bigger plans than for $5 a person. The dues went up $5 last year. They went up $5 this year.

Looking at your name on a points list, on a free forum, is getting more and more expensive every year. That's why people don't join. You have to offer them something they want. Not everyone cares about GN points. The membership is all about the GN right now. That leaves out the vast majority of open or prospective UAS racers.

Our money is not being used to expand or promote the sport. It's used to serve a very few of the GN points participants.

That's what the indoor nationals does different. Yes, the pod cast failed but they have other things in place and the KEY aspect was they provide a unique environment to race during a time of the year where racing is shut down for the most part.

I get that some really enjoy getting an envelope at the end of the year BUT at what cost to the average guy? Right now, it's $40 each. The money isn't the point.......it's what you don't get for that money. That's the point.

That's what I hear.....and I don't have an answer for the people that say it. They have legitimate reasons for not joining so you have to ask yourself, is it important that we even care how many members we have. I think it is and here is why. When you attempt to get sponsors, what sounds better, "we have 115 members" or "we have 400 members"? The answer is obvious to me. So, how do you get that many members? Does everyone have to pay to be a member? Maybe you have 2 memberships.....a GN version and a regular version.

Maybe getting sponsors isn't important. I don't know. I just know why many tell me they have no desire to join.
Mike

Back