OTB PREDATOR vs. OTB DUCARS

jclewis

Noticed a track in SC is mixing OTB Predator & OTB Ducars in the same class…. Sent them the message below…but no response.

“I noticed you’re allowing otb predator & otb ducar to run head to head.

Have you seen one having an advantage over the other?

Which one are most competitors using?

Thanks”

Anyone with experience running these power plants side by side, care to chime in?

Here guy's say ths ducars have a slight advantage
I’ve heard from a reliable source that the ducars produce 3/4 - 1 hp more than the harbor freight predator…. And that some have tried to give a 25# weight advantage to the predator to help equal the playing field

they made the point that anyone can visit a harbor freight (except during the covid pandemic) & pick up a predator fairly easily…but the ducar must be ordered and shipped…not to mention the increased cost for the ducar.

Of course the guy with the best set up, tires, and driving ability will make the most momentum and win, but that's not just comparing motors alone, I've see blue plate flathead smoke an unrestriced animal before as well, and there no where close on H.P.
Xactly…. The original post is intended on being a discussion comparing OTB Predator, to OTB Ducar, and what others have seen/experienced firsthand, & also what tracks are doing specifically with the (2) options…. Keeping them separate, or running them in the same class

Xactly…. The original post is intended on being a discussion comparing OTB Predator, to OTB Ducar, and what others have seen/experienced firsthand, & also what tracks are doing specifically with the (2) options…. Keeping them separate, or running them in the same
I gave you my opinion and my observations/experiences first hand. I guess it’s not what you want to hear so you’ll just disregard what I said.

I gave you my opinion and my observations/experiences first hand. I guess it’s not what you want to hear so you’ll just disregard what I said.
We all know tires win races

This discussion was on differences in these two motors

But thanks for your input

I would not trust anything in NC or SC to be 'Out of the Box' in any sense of the word. The tracks know and don't care. letting people use a ducor against a predator should be the first indication they let the Tillotson 212 run as well. The more and more I see people cheating the predator the more i wish the tracks would abandon the predator for the L206

Of course the guy with the best set up, tires, and driving ability will make the most momentum and win, but that's not just comparing motors alone, I've see blue plate flathead smoke an unrestriced animal before as well, and there no where close on H.P.
The Exact reason the other evening when I stated I beat Clones on My Lo206. It can be done. On Certain Tracks Under Certain Conditions. But Oh Well..

ducar should beat the predator every time. If the predator is beating the ducar the predator has been worked.
This is true if they are in true out the box form, the more you modify them, the more the predator becomes even. I have ran them all, still running them all. Just depends on the track. What track is being talked about, this is something that was never mentioned.

This is true if they are in true out the box form, the more you modify them, the more the predator becomes even. I have ran them all, still running them all. Just depends on the track. What track is being talked about, this is something that was never mentioned.
Thats probably true. i figured it was box stock as most of the predator classes are

Considering I build my own engines and run in these classes, I know just how "otb" these motors are.the predator is about 1-1.5hp off right out of the box.

Got ya, but again in equal hands a blue printed clone will destroy the Lo206
Yes , through the evolution and constant rule changes , that is now true , but in the early days of the clone and the arrival or the 206 , the 206 killed the clone . Gotta say this about Briggs , except for a couple of very minor rule changes , the 206 costs the same now as it did when it first came out .I'm currently only 3rd season with the same motor and all it cost me is a set of valve springs , a head gasket and a little time to relap the valves at years end

Yes , through the evolution and constant rule changes , that is now true , but in the early days of the clone and the arrival or the 206 , the 206 killed the clone . Gotta say this about Briggs , except for a couple of very minor rule changes , the 206 costs the same now as it did when it first came out .I'm currently only 3rd season with the same motor and all it cost me is a set of valve springs , a head gasket and a little time to relap the valves at years end
The only reason the 206 came out was to TRY to kill "literally" the clone, but it didn't work .

Back