Outboard clutch

bullerman

Does it make any difference if a clutch is run inboard or outboard. I guess if would be safer inboard. I used to run mine outboard when we were running 11 tooth drivers. I have a 2014 Prowler. The brake caliper is om the right side. I have the motor moved as far right as I can move it to the right. My arm is right against the chain guard. Box Stock Predator. I have the center of my seat about where the rotor would be if it was on the left side. U can move the seat to the left a inch or so but my arm will still be against the guard. Thought about running the clutch outboard to get a little more clearance. May can move the motor back some. Will have to look at that. Just curious about running it outboard.

Update. I don't think a Hillary Flame with Bully conversion can be ran outboard. May have to go with moving the seat or moving motor back some

Update. I don't think a Hillary Flame with Bully conversion can be ran outboard. May have to go with moving the seat or moving motor back some
No different the any other clutch thats ran outboard .
Lots of extra strain on the crank .
Moving the seat was always a pain .

I will move the seat first , get comfortable and scale it. This all started when I changed motor mounts. The motor is in a different position. To me it is actually to far forward but due to the way the clamps are made I can't slide it back. May look at doing some modification on the clamps.

I don't know about the flame, but some shoe clutches as to be set up to run inboard or outboard, you have to set the shoes different, but like I said I don't know about the hilliard flame.

I think I got it. I twisted my seat a little and moved my motor back some. It sits pretty comfortable now. I will get it back on the scales next week. I felt like the motor was too far forward anyway.
You know they are going to have a big race for the Juniors Labor Day weekend. Supposed to be a pretty good payday. Not sure of all the details though.

You can run the Hilliard Flame inboard or outboard just fine with the Bully conversion. You need to make sure that you have the shoes in the orientation (direction) that you want, and that you shim the clutch for endplay correctly.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I s
I think I got it. I twisted my seat a little and moved my motor back some. It sits pretty comfortable now. I will get it back on the scales next week. I felt like the motor was too far forward anyway.
You know they are going to have a big race for the Juniors Labor Day weekend. Supposed to be a pretty good payday.
yep, I think its up to around $1400 to win right now
I was thinking of Majave you prob talking about Savage, not sure what the pot is there.

Back