Outlaw Kart NEWBIE

iwinulose29

I'm looking for the basics... We have a group of guys starting a class in the Delaware area and we all run flat karts right now. Can someone (or many) provide the basics?:

Good Starting Rim Sizes (All 4 corners) Are beadlocks necessary?
Starting Tires/Sizes (All 4 corners, going to run slick and tread tires, depending on the track)
Starting Tire Pressures
Tire Prep / No Tire Prep?
Basic Scale #'s (No idea of chassis, probably a few outlaw karts and mixture of flat kart conversions)
Wing Angles?
All 250/450 engines, so gearing? (We run a 15/25 on my UAS kart with a Yz250f now, usually 4th gear)
Seats? Type, Angle, Full Containment?

Track size will vary between 1/8 and 1/4 mile tracks, nothing bigger or smaller (shouldn't be anyway).

We are not looking for all your secrets and/or inside set-ups, just the basics to get us started. Don't want to be rolling these things every week and have people lose interest. I know this may have been discussed before, and if so, please copy the thread link as a comment.

Thanks for everyone's help!, Chris

Thanks @TheProfessor5. I called QRC and they gave me some good start-up info. I didn't think it was going to be as big of a jump going from flat karts to Outlaw Karts, but looks like we get to start at the bottom of the learning curve again after 20 years hahaha.

a flat kart conversion and a outlaw chassis will take way different setups as the front ends are designed to work differently and depending on the chassis converted will make a difference too. I find that older stuff works better to convert for higher hp stuff. I have done a lot of umax centerforce, phantom nemi and phenoms and avenger . the newer stuff is to rigid and tire dependent to work well with the bigger hp.

Back