PAR-95 Sudam to 150cc

S. Fizer#24

I have a Birky built 131 w/Buller Duals, and was wondering what I had to do to make it a 150cc. I know it has to be bored, but what piston do I need to use and is it worth the extra effort. Does the temp become more touchy to maintain or about the same. Does it effect the durability off the engine,, or would something like a 141cc be better , or go on too the 150cc.
Opinions, ideas, and advice would all be much appreciated or any other direction worth going!
Thanks Stephen#24

I have a 150cc parilla with old style small reed cases with the newer style air cooled cylinder and head and it looks like it has been resleeved, runs the buller billet dual carbs and the motoplat ignition, and buller kb06 pipe and header with 9 3/8 flex length with that said we race a 1/4 mile asphalt oval and it makes tremendous mid range and topend power. no problem with temps. this motor makes plenty of power and will idle....

It's the small cage with newer style cylinder and been stroked to. make it a 131cc. What piston would I use to make it a 150cc.

fizer. dont do it ! put it back to 131 and tommy can handle that! if you want a bigger motor get a jawa! jmho. think about the new pipes ( kbl6) kermit has and work w/ what you got,a big bore motor is just more headaches! john

It's the small cage with newer style cylinder and been stroked to. make it a 131cc. What piston would I use to make it a 150cc.

To answer your question to make a 131cc you need a 57mm stroke. A 57mm bore will make a 146cc, a 58mm bore will make a 151cc. Like said earlier the liner would not be long for this world with anything bigger than a 57mm unless you have a custom sleeve installed.

Back