Part #'s for new no go pins

DynoDon

Here are the part numbers for the no-go pins you will need for tech. Purchased from MSC.
88903604 .0360 ( all will be class zz )
88904206 .0420
88906607 .0660
88917307 .1730
88925102 .2510

Here are the part numbers for the no-go pins you will need for tech. Purchased from MSC.
88904206 .0420
88906607 .0660
88917307 .1730
88925102 .2510

Are these finalized and set in stone. NO MORE changes to be made? Sure would hate to make the purchase only to have a change come about.

Are these finalized and set in stone. NO MORE changes to be made? Sure would hate to make the purchase only to have a change come about.
There are no guarantees in life!!! However, There has been no changes to these numbers since the first print of the rules. All the changes have been around other areas if you have been following

There are no guarantees in life!!! However, There has been no changes to these numbers since the first print of the rules. All the changes have been around other areas if you have been following

Yes sir I have been following. I've been following since day one of the "Proposed" changes. It's held my interest seeing as to how it will directly affect my wallet with the need to purchased additional tech tools. I made a purchase from Larry Jones last week for a tool. At that time I also inquired as to if the no go pins were in production at this time. I was advised that the no-go's would not be put into production until after the first of the year AFTER the rules were put to print in case of any changes. And by print; I mean in a buyable copy. Surely you can understand; in this day and time, my desire not to be spending unecessary money. I'm not trying to be a smarty pants here. I just don't want to be wasting my money.

I do not personally feel you will be wasting your money. I already purchased my set as I needed them to do the tech video I will have out for certification.

88904206 .0420
88906607 .0660
88917307 .1730
88925102 .2510
And it should be pointed out that gauge pins come in plus (+.0002) and minus (-.0002) sizes. Which ones do you use?
Comments, compliments, criticisms and questions always welcome.

And it should be pointed out that gauge pins come in plus (+.0002) and minus (-.0002) sizes. Which ones do you use?

2 Ten Thousendths is pretty close tolerances. I don't know of anyone who would toss someone over that. I know I'm not going to. You can have that much variance in set getting ready for the tech itself. That would pretty darn harsh.

2 ten thousandths is the difference between go & no go..got dq'd on a carb that way..MY pin gauge is Plus..tech guys must have been Minus..mine passes his didn't

2 ten thousandths is the difference between go & no go..got dq'd on a carb that way..MY pin gauge is Plus..tech guys must have been Minus..mine passes his didn't
And this is why I mentioned it.
Just thought maybe some would not know about it.

Two simple questions..........

1). Did the techman's pin gauge easily go into the item being teched?
2). Did the techman have to use any sort of force to insert the pin gauge into the item being teched?

If the answer to question number one was "yes" then 2 ten thoudandths of on inch wasn't you problem. You were into the thousandths range.
If the answer to question number two was "yes" then your techman was looking for a reason to toss you.

Back