Passing on one groove track

bullerman

Is there a method for passing on a one groove track? I know it is hard to pass someone even if you faster sometimes. I have tried putting my left front lined up to their right rear dropping back a little and get more of a run coming out of the turn. Has worked a few times. There is no passing on the outside. Just wondering how some of the rest of you do it.

Try for a 4th or 5th starting position.
That way if the top couple of karts don't check out by the end of the feature it will be your turn to bump to the front. ... :)

We were always NICE racers growing up, but after running big races and national events over the years, and being amazed at how they race you very rough and how the officials DO NOT use the black flag, we learned that to pass is to move them out the way, the best way is to push them down the strait and make them enter the turn way faster than the want to and turn under them, makes it look like it was their fault and not yours LOL. We learned at the big money races and national races is that you don't want to be leading the race on the last lap UNLESS you have a big gap, because you will be moved and its all good, the opposite of what we grew up learning to do, and around home if that happened, you would get your spot back and they would go to the back.

If it is a track you run often, work hard with kart set up and driving to develop a groove that no one else can run. As beginners, the first place we ran was a "one groove track", it was that way because everybody only ran that one groove. It was such that everyone played follow the leader and drove such that you washed out coming out of turn 2 and ran the RH tires off the track. Didn't make since to us. We worked out a set-up so we could come out of 2 low. We won a lot of races in our 2nd year. You say you can't run high? Sounds like a real opportunity if you work hard on it..

Those race tracks are just ugly. It comes to bump and run. Poor racing in my mind but it is what it becomes. You don't have to crash them or spin them but just get them a bit loose so you can drive by. The problem then is you are next.

Knock on the back door, let them know you're there. Sometimes just your persistent presence can make them mess up. Take advantage and be ready when they do.

Coming higher on the straight and throwing it lower and harder before them may let you come inside ahead of them. I personally like this move a lot, just keep mind that by putting yourself in front of them via this method, you need to rely on your blocking because they will have more exit momentum since they didn't throw it an as hard, but you now have the line. (y)

Best way to pass on a one lane is to know the difference between "bump and run" and "slam and spin".
Yes I watched a race last weekend. Second place guy slightly bumped and pushed first place just enough to pass him coming out of the turn. Nothing was said. On the next turn the driver that got passed hit the lead kart pretty hard sort of in the middle of the turn and the guy spun out. They put him to the rear. The tracks here you just about have to bump somebody to pass if your a little faster.

We raced with a jr driver .
He would always charge into the corner. Bump the driver in front , which shot them forward .
Then Einstein's theory of equal and opposite reaction would result in the trailing driver losing ground .
Wasn't my child so couldn't give driving advice.

I think helping them through the corner if your definitely faster is a good way to put it. Also this particular racer was running what i call the beginner groove. Right in the middle of the track. He was blocking the track.
We were always NICE racers growing up, but after running big races and national events over the years, and being amazed at how they race you very rough and how the officials DO NOT use the black flag, we learned that to pass is to move them out the way, the best way is to push them down the strait and make them enter the turn way faster than the want to and turn under them, makes it look like it was their fault and not yours LOL. We learned at the big money races and national races is that you don't want to be leading the race on the last lap UNLESS you have a big gap, because you will be moved and its all good, the opposite of what we grew up learning to do, and around home if that happened, you would get your spot back and they would go to the back.
Tell David and Logan to read this post. Lol

Back