Patches

Flatlives

One of my first casualties that needed a medic and happy to prolong it's life (earlier this year). I may never own/run a predatato engine:)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211103-050350_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211103-050350_Gallery.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 60
Fixed many over the years.
Sometimes weld, sometimes just epoxy. All depends on how big of a hole needs covered and how close it is to the sidecover.
Watch the sidecover gasket and see if it doesn't develop a leak...the heat from welding will pull the metal. You may have to resurface it to keep it perfectly flat (or gym shoe seal it for backyard use.) :)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Jerry Dover & I used to set up at swap meets and trade shows near one another, (I consider JD a good friend btw) and when he started pushing the clone deal, I was very loud and proud from our Carlson Motorsports booth that we were the "No Clone Zone." Still are. :)
Does that include the predators? I got it just now spelling out that just word. My flathead is actually a PredEater. Inefficient yes but it'll catch your attention and keep it. Lol

Bang for the buck on my mini bike I just bought a predator. It had a old 3 horse that was tired and I got sick of dealing with the recoil shrieking after every start. Could I fix it, yes. Do I have any intention, no not at this time because rather than fiddle with something 40 years old forever I'd rather enjoy riding it. I put gas in it and go lol. When it comes to racing though all we race is animals and I was not going to put that much power on something super sketchy. Also not gonna burn up a fresh alky flathead just cruising around the neighborhood. I do wish I could've bought a blockzilla a while back for another minibike I want to build but budgets and other priorities got in the way.

When I do venture over the other side to OHV, I will stay with briggs (animal) to and through. Until then these totes of part's will continue to get used. I've taken building up these dinosaurs from all stages including powdercoating/cerakote. I'm not ready to throw in the towel on them yet. Don't race anymore and intend to keep going with flattys😏

Bang for the buck on my mini bike I just bought a predator. It had a old 3 horse that was tired and I got sick of dealing with the recoil shrieking after every start. Could I fix it, yes. Do I have any intention, no not at this time because rather than fiddle with something 40 years old forever I'd rather enjoy riding it. I put gas in it and go lol. When it comes to racing though all we race is animals and I was not going to put that much power on something super sketchy. Also not gonna burn up a fresh alky flathead just cruising around the neighborhood. I do wish I could've bought a blockzilla a while back for another minibike I want to build but budgets and other priorities got in the way.
I have all the benefits of your clone with my 3 hp. No shrieking cause I cut my starter off. I polished it up after sanding the paint off of it and made sure I cut the legs down flush, smother out the rough edges and no it just simply slides right in my back pocket like a wallet. I once thought my motor was tried and at one time though it was to small displacement. Boy was I wrong about that. After pushing my self farther in the flathead rabbit hole and trying the tricks I have mostly learned on here I have created a monster. And built a reputation for myself in the city I live in for sure. All the sudden I have noticed everyone with a yard kart, mini bike ect. are hunting and hoarding every 3 hp they can find because they see me ripping down the side streets 50+ mile an hour, looking and sounding awesome. Also tuned for gas. Still waiting around on something around here to at least pull a block or two with me. Got countless scooters not even close, pocket bikes hahaha yeah right, and a few mini bikes all with harbor junk on them. C ya. Them boys get all giddy cause they get the jump on me with there 3 and 1/2 extra horses but right about the time they think I got beat they look back and I'm pulling a wheeely twice there speed and I'm already at there back bumper. And when they start catching on how to use what they got I'll just mount one of my raptors.

Not trying to start an argument but for pulling a 30+ year old minibike out of a shed I got for free the money I spent gives me plenty of fun. I'm not out racing around on the street with my stuff. I put gas in it and go. No cleaning the carb or fixing that stupid recoil because it's the old coil spring style. For me it's enough and if it's not for some people that's fine. Different strokes for different folks. But I do find it stupid your out racing guys on the street but that's just me.

Not trying to start an argument but for pulling a 30+ year old minibike out of a shed I got for free the money I spent gives me plenty of fun. I'm not out racing around on the street with my stuff. I put gas in it and go. No cleaning the carb or fixing that stupid recoil because it's the old coil spring style. For me it's enough and if it's not for some people that's fine. Different strokes for different folks. But I do find it stupid your out racing guys on the street but that's just me.
Well if it were down main street or the interstate I would agree completely but around here we like to go fast and no tracks for days. So we just put our money where our mouth is and get er done on a smooth dark side street. No street lights or head lights just two guys and their machines. I'm all gas most of the time unless I find a good deal on some heet. Then I'll jet and time it got methanol. No problems with recoil either just cut that baby off like the old flathead days. sand er down on belt sander. 3hp recoil will fit easily in your back pocket. Not to mention its sortta like having a key cause most of these guy have no clue why it don't have a starter on it. Lol

Back