PCR TSL98

The red head is a nice engine package and at 116 lbs great. Might be ok anywhere but forget it in the South East trust me won't get it done you'll get run over down here just my 2cents I'm done later Chuck.

The red head is a nice engine package and at 116 lbs great. Might be ok anywhere but forget it in the South East trust me won't get it done you'll get run over down here just my 2cents I'm done later Chuck.
Well thank you but I have duals tsl 98 at 116cc and stock tsl 98 duals and dual yamaha at 106 cc and dual water cooled yamaha stock. I have never ran as a single . I will have a new driver NEXT year ..Its goingto be my old drivers son Caleb Woodard 131 so im looking for advice for 100 stock reed .. thank you very much Chuck

Here's a little sumpin sumpin I've been saving.

A stock motor on methanol responds best to stock type pipes with stingers. We have a pipe we call a Q-98 that should work well. Because of the cooling effects of methanol a general rule of thumb is to run the head pipe length 1/4" shorter than when running gas. A choice you would have with this pipe would be using a 1-3/4" or a 1-7/8" header. My recommendation would be a 1-7/8" header with a head pipe length of 9-1/8". As far as gear the pipe won't perform well trying to make it LUG. It works best when it gets off the clutch quickly and pulls through the power band. A good starting point would be...... With the the clutch engagement at 10,500, gear it to top rpm's in the 14800 to 15200 range.
This setup on a stock motor wont make quite as much peak power as an open 100cc. But the power band will be much wider, simpler to dial in, and should be quite competitive on most tracks.

Hope this helps. Kermit Buller

Since when are Neo and Mr Kermit Buller one and the same? I get the response but not necessarily the Buller signature please explain later Chuck.

Here's a little sumpin sumpin I've been saving.

A stock motor on methanol responds best to stock type pipes with stingers. We have a pipe we call a Q-98 that should work well. Because of the cooling effects of methanol a general rule of thumb is to run the head pipe length 1/4" shorter than when running gas. A choice you would have with this pipe would be using a 1-3/4" or a 1-7/8" header. My recommendation would be a 1-7/8" header with a head pipe length of 9-1/8". As far as gear the pipe won't perform well trying to make it LUG. It works best when it gets off the clutch quickly and pulls through the power band. A good starting point would be...... With the the clutch engagement at 10,500, gear it to top rpm's in the 14800 to 15200 range.
This setup on a stock motor wont make quite as much peak power as an open 100cc. But the power band will be much wider, simpler to dial in, and should be quite competitive on most tracks.

Hope this helps. Kermit Buller
I believe it looks like Neo was just sharing a reply he received from Kermit a while back.

Back