People's choice when a trailer isn't an option

Mac_49

Feeding off of another thread I'm curious to those that have a setup with no trailer. What do you use? What have you experienced? Pickup with topper? Minivan? Econovan? SUV? Car????
I'd be interested to hear how some have done it and what they liked/didn't like about it. Are these your daily drivers or just dedicated shop vehicles?

A team comes to our track every week and other tracks that require travel right out of the bed of an f150. They run right up in the front to boot.

I once saw a guy show up with his kart strapped to the roof of his BMW.
I gave him an A+ for commitment

Old bread/box truck make for a great hauler when we started racing pulled a old boat trailer converted to flat trailer with a 4dr sedan lol

S10 pickup, built a platform for kart and ez-up to ride on just below the bed rails, stand folds up and fits beneath. Tires and tools fill the rest of the open space. Works good and looks good. A lot of lookers riding through town.

Long shot here but if anyone has pictures of their setup/hauler I'd love to see them....maybe get some ideas

I am just getting back into Kart racing. I used to have a large rig, now for the current time I will be racing out of the back of my truck. Racing sure is better than sitting at home because you don't have a fancy trailer.

2001 chevy Tahoe...drop the back seats down, flat kart fits perfectly, and little room for a tool box, air tank, few spare tires, a couple lawn chairs and a fold up canopy and away i go...?

And i have a luggage rack that goes into the hitch receiver...i put my electric kart stand on it and strap it down securely...

Race from the back of an S10 pickup for years. Kart crosswise across box on top, tools, stand underneath.
Got out for a while, then raced with my daughter from a 2 door s10 blazer with the kart on a receiver hitch mount.
Still carry 2nd kart on back of E350 stroker van.

Last edited:
Well for me. Jeep grand cherokee with a cargo carrier attached to hitch
If i bring second kart. One goes in back with seats down and second one body comes off and is strapped to the roof rack

Full size van or pickup with canopy. I previously used a box van and could load and unload my kart by myself cause it was the right height. I made a rack to store stuff above the kart. You just have to be aware of all available space and get creative. I now tow a trailer but a pickup with a canopy and a similar rack can be good too. Good luck!

I race out of the back of my 2000 Tacoma with a topper. I have plywood boxing in the wheel wells running lengthwise. The front tires of the kart roll in on these and I take the rear tires off so it sits on the frame. LS tires, bolt bins, anything short go underneath. RS tires go in the front corners of the topper on either side of the nose. Prep box/sprocket box/fuel go wherever they fit around the rear of the kart. Cargo carrier has the tool box, canopy and rolling kart stand.

Allows me to race while renting a garage at the apartment complex. Pack it up Thursday night and race after work Friday.

Back