Percentages

bobby0580

Does anyone know how much % of the weight should be on the LR tire. My cross is pretty close to what I want but seems like alot is in the LR. Kart and driver ways 380 pounds and 155 is on the LR. Does anybody know if this is too much? Thats about 40% of the weight of the kart on one tire.

Does anyone know how much % of the weight should be on the LR tire. My cross is pretty close to what I want but seems like alot is in the LR. Kart and driver ways 380 pounds and 155 is on the LR. Does anybody know if this is too much? Thats about 40% of the weight of the kart on one tire.

Get your % ages left, Nose, cross where ya want them, don't worry about Individual weight on Left rear, if your gonna look at Individual weights only worry about Lt Fr and RR.

I come up with 380 total, front45% left59% and cross68%. With these numbers, if they’re close, the LR is 193% heavier than the RR. Most setups I see, given here, are closer to 100% difference.
Give us your corners and we could come much closer. Or your percentages.
Comments, compliments, criticisms and questions always welcome.

The LR ALWAYS carries the most weight. If your driver weighs that much, it's expected for the LR to be carrying that high of a load. The numbers Al posted look pretty close to what I would expect from a heavy driver such as what you have stated. With the heavier drivers you can run lower nose weights and much higher left side weight. I really wouldn't consentrate too much on the individual corners weights like Ken stated. Focus on the overall percentages, let the corners fall where they may and adjust from there. Keep in mind IF you feel you must work with corner weights the proportional loads that each wheel will carry; percentage wise, will vary between class and weight structure.

Milleniums are typically high cross karts also. Dont worry about the individual wheel weights, just get your percentages right.

Thanks for all the help. Our actual numbers ended up being 59.5 left, 47.3 nose and 58.5 cross. I had moved the seat more to the left trying something different. My brother is very top heavy with broad shoulders. Weighs about 180-185 pounds so I thought maybe giving him a little more left may help him in the turns. We were going to capital city which is a pretty fast track. Did pretty good with the numbers, so time will tell. Thanks again, Bobby Helgason

Thanks for all the help. Our actual numbers ended up being 59.5 left, 47.3 nose and 58.5 cross. I had moved the seat more to the left trying something different. My brother is very top heavy with broad shoulders. Weighs about 180-185 pounds so I thought maybe giving him a little more left may help him in the turns. We were going to capital city which is a pretty fast track. Did pretty good with the numbers, so time will tell. Thanks again, Bobby Helgason
Sure a lot different from what I came up with.
Your LF is heavier than the RF, I don’t see that very often.
With your numbers, the LR is more in line with most I see.
Comments, compliments, criticisms and questions always welcome.

Your other numbers don't look too bad, but the cross is WAY lower than what I run on my Impulse. I'm usually in the 66-68 range for cross on my Impulse.

Back