Performance Cast Connecting Rod

It's a little better quality and so far no problems with it. We stock them but we don't call it a performance rod, we just call it a stock rod.

J...I have 'one' in the Std White Enduro this weekend. (Maybe we'll find out...:)) They Do 'look' better and have larger corner fillets. If the bolts hold up I think they maybe good for 'awhile' @67-6800. JMO

It's a little better quality and so far no problems with it. We stock them but we don't call it a performance rod, we just call it a stock rod.
Do they have different part numbers? If not, how would I know what I am getting...or, are ALL the 'old-style' rods gone now?

rod clearance

Hello, what is the best clearance for the cast rod to crank journal?

Edit: akra clone, big pipe

Last edited:
.0025-.002 seems to be the ticket to making the rods hold up and last longer, but some may prefer them looser like .003

As for the stock rod, how many races can you get out of one before needing to replace? Do you judge by how much it wears or is there just a lap count you use to decide when to replace?

If properly maintained(quality synthetic oil, changed often) they will last a long time even seasons. They will also fail quickly if not cared for. I have taken rods out of cement mixer engines that literally had 100's of hours granted lower RPM but much greater load.

Back