Pet Peeves of Racing

jaymancds

Another thread got me thinking about ideas of what I get tired of hearing in the racing community. So here is a short list of my most hated ideas.
  1. Budget Racer: Racing isn't cheap, and we all have racing budgets, if you can't swing it, either get older stuff, or find some sponsors.
  2. The pros do "XXX" so I have to do "XXX": No you don't.
  3. A new chassis/engine/tire program will make me better: Unless you are on incredibly old/weak stuff, it probably wont do anything for you at all.
These are just the things that came to mind that I get tired of hearing. I may be the only one like this, but what are a few of your guy's pet peeves?

"My kid needs to win, so we need to change the rules." (weight, engine, tires, whatever) to win in a class of 3 karts.

"Buy American," said by the same guy running a HF engine riding on Chinese tires.

"Prep is killing our sport," said by the guy with 27 flavors of this and that brands of preps.

"Engine builders and tire guys are getting rich." Who are these rich guys? I have yet to find one.

Pet peeves aside. To each their own.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Last edited by a moderator:
The dads that the only coaching they give there kids is slap them on the helmet and say go show them how it's done, then the only only hand signals they give is mash the gas and shrug there shoulders .

When some peoples advise is just ... The tires i'm selling.... the tire profiles I'm selling,.. the chassis i'm selling...the prep I'm Selling.etc etc etc.....

I am a new guy and there is one thing that I wish we didn't have to do in racing...PREP. There is so much to learn about the tire game that I stress myself out about it just thinking about it, I wish there was a beginner class, like a rookie class for adults where it is just OTB Predators and you ran a Maxxis and the only thing you can do is grind the finish off of them. I understand why prep is a thing but I just am not that big a fan of it. I am not a guy that says prep is killing the sport but it is just something I wish I didn't have to worry about when I start out.

Prep and tires are probably the biggest complaints I see on this site. Next would be the multiple engine/class problem.
That is another pet peeve is I wish all tracks had the same rules and engine class's because I cant run my predator at some of the other tracks in the area because I am what would be considered and illegal motor at those tracks but at my local track that is a legal motor.

only two i think, pet peeve is flagmen that can't get the control over the track... use that black flag. even if its on me. A flagman can really set the tone for the race events.. lack of tech, which to me is also tech guys teaching the newbies about the rules.

Back