Phantom Bashee setup please???

I have a 98 Phantom Banshee and plan on racing it mostly on 1/6 mile tracks. I'll be on EL's until i can get a set o pinks and blues from Maxxis. Can anyone tell me a good setup such as rear track width, stagger, all weight percentages, camber. Any info would be GREATLY appreciated. The two tracks i got in mind are Beaver Creek and Manchester if that helps any on the retrieval of any info.

i believe when i raced a banshee /stalker we ran 44 nose 54 left 55-60 cross rf cam -2.5 lf cam+.5 1.5 stagger frt 3/4 stagger rear 39.5 rear track frt tuck in close as possible

Those numbers look good. On 1/4 mile we would run 3/4 rear stagger and 1 1/2 when racing on a small 1/8 mile dirt clay. Just get the nose weight up to 44 because our banshee loves to push if you don't. Ive also had good luck with a harder tire on left rear. Tires are the key. We would adjust kart to death and realized a good set of tires makes all the difference. Good luck with the banshee

I finally decided to measure the angle of my Banshee spindles and I have a few questions for anyone that could help me out. According to the set up guide from PRC, They recommend LF +0.5 and RF -1.5. Does this mean pill or camber measurement? I have a camber gauge and am not sure which bubbles to read, also what my current set up is. My numbers are as follows; LF spindle angle is 8, pill is + 0.5, negative camber bubble reads 1.25 and caster bubble reads +4. RF spindle angle is 4, pill is -1.5, negative camber bubble reads -4.25, caster bubble reads +5.5. I am sure that there is some math involved with changing to a spindle with a different angle and changing pills to get the same or correct setting needed. I know this is a dated kart and technology but I would appreciate any help with this. Thanks in advance.

Back