Phantom Chassis Comparison

Racer14sl

I figured this would be a good thread for anyone who's interested in a phantom chassis. I want to see pro's and con's for each of these chassis and what type of tracks each seem more suited for. Replies from drivers who have been on all would be appreciated!

Nemesis, Phenom, Phenom es2, Icon, Seraph, Triton, and Triton 35

In ohio on our slicker tracks, i've never seen a seraph or es2 do well. the tritons, phenoms and nemesis are pretty dominant in the area. I would take a nemesis over most chassis today..

Es2 is a great chassis for indoor, and wet tracks. Searph isn't that good at the smaller wet tracks. My triton seems to be good anyplace. 35 is a stiffer frame, heavy guys, big tracks.

had the seraph, didn't care for it only won once on it. got on the icon and lovin it, much better chassis , trying the trition next

Ive raced a Nemi, Phenom, Icon, and Seraph my opinion is the Nemi and Phenom are both user friendly and fast all the time the Phenom being faster. Icon more tire sensitive than the Nemi and phenom but more speed potential. And the seraph i would say is even more sensitive than the icon but if get tires right it flies. These are just my experiences with the different chassis i dont have much seat time in the phenom or icon.

form what i see the seraph is fast but extremly hard to set up. I looking at a newer Icon and we race smaller tracks 1/8-1/6 mile that dont have a lot bite is that what most of you recomend if you couldnt afford a triton?

Whats the difference between the phenom and the phenom es2....i just bought an09 phenom es2 saturday...anything special i should know about it? i have a wiggy bar for it and cassettes to upgrade to big bearings

Whats the difference between the phenom and the phenom es2....i just bought an09 phenom es2 saturday...anything special i should know about it? i have a wiggy bar for it and cassettes to upgrade to big bearings

Glad you asked, because I was just about to. I know a racer that has a Phenom ES2. The front castor L-blocks are part of the chassis, not separate. I really don't care much for that. Also, I think the tubing under the seat was a little different. I'm sure someone will explain the ES2 a little more. I have a Nemesis and Phenom. Cannot complain about either. I've seen the Phemom's flat out fly on high speed, high bite tracks. Concrete with coke syrup especially...

All of the phantoms are fast! But really the icon is my favorite as far as the fastest and most versatile w/out knowing much about the triton other than one race I deffinately pick the icon for all around performance.

The ES2 is very similar to the Phenom except that there is a slight difference in the rear cross member and the RF is in a different place. Some say the ES2 turns a little better than the original Phenom, some can't really tell any difference. In the way of speed, they're pretty much equal.

Nemesis - best on low left high cross; good speed but wasn't typically fast for 20 laps (fast right off then slows down or gets faster the whole race); not as fast as the Phenom
Phenom - in its first life 56 left, first kart with high nose (>45), turns well, makes good speed; hard to tell when it's a little off because it continued to drive well
Icon - First big left Phantom kart; pushed for the first few months until we put more rake in the kart (1/8 slugs hole down); was nearly unrivaled in speed after this; reasonably user-friendly, not too difficult to drive, very fast
Seraph - Very stiff; very fast (a touch faster than the Icon when perfect); harder to drive, tended to be very demanding on tire programs and drivers
Triton - Easier to drive, easier to get fast, easier to keep fast. Combines speed of the Seraph with the user-friendliness of the Phenom and Icon.

Being only one line these are all a bit over-simplified but it does give the general idea of how things went. Also, when the ES2 was released we started running bigger left on it along with more cross. Subsequently we ended up advising Phantom customers to give it a try. This is the only instance when an old kart has been taken to the track and tested with current tires and setup knowledge.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

on phantoms site the max recommended left weight for the phenom is 56% and the triton is 59.5%. on an es2 you say run more left should it be closer to the triton or somewhere in between? thanks

on phantoms site the max recommended left weight for the phenom is 56% and the triton is 59.5%. on an es2 you say run more left should it be closer to the triton or somewhere in between? thanks

Somewhere inbetween. We had an 05 Phenom two seasons ago that we had a clone on and around here it liked 57-58% with slightly more cross than recommended. We are on burris though and ran more stagger in the back (never under 1"). The kart was very forgiving and we won a lot of races with it.

We've ran every kart on that list except the seraph and triton 35. LTG is spot on. We currently have 2 tritons and an icon in the shop.

Later,

WV Race Fan

You have to remember these are just baseline information, for everywhere in the country. The actual real race numbers may be different, and most of the time are.

We bought our seraph new 2010 , we still have it , bought a triton won some big races & we have gotten rid of the triton & got another seraph , we have a tire program that works well for the seraph , the triton appears to be another tire program , we have competitors that have the icon & they are fast & they are on another tire deal, I would look at your tire program & go from there

I aint never rode a triton, i have a 09 phenom es2.. love it, really have no intentions on selling it. but was wondering how it compared to the triton. i dont run big money races and i am on burris tires..mostly a local saturday racing deal..i know tires are big deal to

Back