Phantom Recon thoughts?

jwilson17w17

Hi all, looking into dirt kart racing to scratch this itch I have since leaving car racing lol. I am currently looking into a 2017 Phantom Recon chassis, wanting to know anyones thoughts on this chassis? Ive heard the tire game is #1 thing in karts, is this chassis beginner friendly I guess you could say? Just anything to help a new guy I would appreciate it. I dont want nothing to old or junk but dont expect to win my first night lol. Thanks!

In my experience, it's a kart that finding the "sweet" spot can be difficult, has a tendency to be tight center off, but if you can find the set up and right tires, it can be really fast....for a beginner, imo, you would have an easier time with a Minecon or a Triton...if you're liking PRC....

Hi all, looking into dirt kart racing to scratch this itch I have since leaving car racing lol. I am currently looking into a 2017 Phantom Recon chassis, wanting to know anyones thoughts on this chassis? Ive heard the tire game is #1 thing in karts, is this chassis beginner friendly I guess you could say? Just anything to help a new guy I would appreciate it. I dont want nothing to old or junk but dont expect to win my first night lol. Thanks!
Look for a Triton if your going Phantom

Theres nothing wrong with the Recon, and theres plenty of info out there in order to get the right numbers in the kart.
As far as tires, yes that is the game. The Triton was very tire friendly, but the same tire thats fastest with the Triton, works with the Recon. You could just put a set of tires on the Triton which was close and still be competitive local racing.

Back