Phanton Deuce Adult Heavy 375# Scaling

Lets say you have 2 different drivers same weight. One guy is 6'2" the other is 5'6". Even at the same weight each one will have differing percentages because of where the weight is. Nose and left weight will be different for the taller driver as he has his mass spread over a wider area of the kart. Both of those % will change cross the cross %. Catch my drift. Overall driver weight is only part of the battle of getting your numbers where you want them.

Take this for example as me and my dad both run the same chassis with similar numbers. Caster, camber, and toe are the same for both karts. Tires are the same. Im a half a foot taller than he is and we are within 5lbs of each other. I always end up with more nose weight and a different left %. I have to compensate by putting weights in different spots then he does. He has lead on the front where I have none, his seat has more lead on the left side than I have, and I have weights on the right side where he has none. I have a different front end setting to get cross where I want it because of where the weight is.

Lets say you have 2 different drivers same weight. One guy is 6'2" the other is 5'6". Even at the same weight each one will have differing percentages because of where the weight is. Nose and left weight will be different for the taller driver as he has his mass spread over a wider area of the kart. Both of those % will change cross the cross %. Catch my drift. Overall driver weight is only part of the battle of getting your numbers where you want them.

Take this for example as me and my dad both run the same chassis with similar numbers. Caster, camber, and toe are the same for both karts. Tires are the same. Im a half a foot taller than he is and we are within 5lbs of each other. I always end up with more nose weight and a different left %. I have to compensate by putting weights in different spots then he does. He has lead on the front where I have none, his seat has more lead on the left side than I have, and I have weights on the right side where he has none. I have a different front end setting to get cross where I want it because of where the weight is.
So what conclusions have you come to as far as weight distribution is concerned? What has all this got to do with percentages and corner weights?

Back