Picked up a Champ Kart, brand new to karting. Tips and suggestions would be appreciated!

AHill46

Hey everyone! I just picked up my first ever champ kart, and I've been trying to take in as much information as possible. I'm in the northeast, so I'd be looking to run at Pomfret. The kart has a 5hp flathead that I'd like to replace with the LO206 and run that class exclusively. Any tips for a beginner would be great. I understand that I won't be competing for wins to start, but I'd be getting experience and getting more competitive.
Some questions I have:
What size fuel tank is usually run in the LO206 class?
What size clutch sprocket and rear sprocket should I be running?

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to getting out there!

Hey everyone! I just picked up my first ever champ kart, and I've been trying to take in as much information as possible. I'm in the northeast, so I'd be looking to run at Pomfret. The kart has a 5hp flathead that I'd like to replace with the LO206 and run that class exclusively. Any tips for a beginner would be great. I understand that I won't be competing for wins to start, but I'd be getting experience and getting more competitive.
Some questions I have:
What size fuel tank is usually run in the LO206 class?
What size clutch sprocket and rear sprocket should I be running?

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to getting out there!

get with Mike Perry of RPM Motorsports, he will get you going in the right direction

Back