pipe and header combos 116cc

Bradley71

Whats best header to use with a cre6 pipe on 116.the tapered header buller has or a normal header.i got both.i just thought maybe someone has some dyno experience with this.and im bored

When I was racing, I preferred the tapered header on my KT 100. Later, when I had my dyno, I stayed with that. Not that there's a real big difference, just a feeling.
I'm pretty sure, if there's any difference, it could be made up by adjusting the flex length, "just a little".

When I was racing, I preferred the tapered header on my KT 100. Later, when I had my dyno, I stayed with that. Not that there's a real big difference, just a feeling.
I'm pretty sure, if there's any difference, it could be made up by adjusting the flex length, "just a little".
We were bench racing about 3 weeks ago and taped header vs. regular header was brought up. I never ran a tapered header but see the idea behind it. What was the reason you preferred the tapered over a normal header?

We were bench racing about 3 weeks ago and taped header vs. regular header was brought up. I never ran a tapered header but see the idea behind it. What was the reason you preferred the tapered over a normal header?
No real reason, it just looked right to me and I had a feeling it was faster. Definitely wasn't slower. Wish I could help you more.

[/well they both tapered but the buller header is big small then big again.that would seem like a restrictor to me.the other rlv i have is tapered out to 1 7/8”.but i dont have a dyno so its guess work.and id say alot of it is sales gimmicks.a header isnt going give me no advantage i dont believe🤣but its good hear other opinions

Reading , Two stroke preformance tuning by A. Graham Bell today .
His statment is tapered header helps . The thing that makes me wonder is this . The header must taper to the first diverging cone .
With the flex length being a tuning tool and a fixed diameter non tapered part of the header . It make me wonder ? Maybe since the flex and the first divergent cone are the same diameter its not a concern .

I have two options in garage

Attachments

• 5A9F412C-F643-41D3-91E9-420923A9AE8A.png
    5A9F412C-F643-41D3-91E9-420923A9AE8A.png
    342.6 KB · Views: 25
Back