piston clearance

If you are certain you have a straight cylinder, then .0025" will work fine.
Also be sure to measure the piston at various locations to find the widest point.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
If you have the capacity to measure accurately by all means go with .0025 or even as low as .002 If you are using junk tools stick with the 3.5. How was it bored is also a consideration junk tools vs quality.

If you have the capacity to measure accurately by all means go with .0025 or even as low as .002 If you are using junk tools stick with the 3.5. How was it bored is also a consideration junk tools vs quality.

Which is why I mentioned you must have a straight cylinder and accurate measurement. Hone with a torque plate as well.
Harbor Freight is not a valid source for quality measuring instruments used in engine building. :)

Which is why I mentioned you must have a straight cylinder and accurate measurement. Hone with a torque plate as well.
Harbor Freight is not a valid source for quality measuring instruments used in engine building. :)
Exactly why I added to your post. I fear anaphylaxis touching "Made in China tools".

Back