pk 250

250cc 2 stroke with a billet bottom end....karting style engine with the 250mx cylinder, basically.
1157567_600177613374915_284959437_n.jpg

I sure thought the 250cc 2cycle engine powered karts would rule the roost.
Doesn't seem to be happening tho.
By no means are they dogs or anything like that, it just seems that they do not will most of the races like I thought they would.

Paul the entire UAS series is designed so that no engine dominates, and guess what? None do. What do you think about that? The MX engine sure did shut up "The Wankle 's gonna ruin kart racing " theorists now didn't they?. LOL

I read more informative and better posts from ole Al these days than PD. Everything will ruin Karting, so go out and have fun while it lasts. Maybe we'll all be running 600's before long! I already got my engine picked out!

The 250 MX engines are at a slight disadvantage I think, not performance wise. Once your bore them once over stock that jug is done. To stay legal you have to slap a new jug on it. So, it's a toss up. I think they're a crazy good setup, but just has a slight draw back. But, almost all engine packages do. I think a slightly higher cc for the two strokes would make them more than competitive for a longer period, maybe cheaper. But, they'd never dominate.

Paul the entire UAS series is designed so that no engine dominates, and guess what? None do. What do you think about that? The MX engine sure did shut up "The Wankle 's gonna ruin kart racing " theorists now didn't they?. LOL
You weren't around when the UAS series was designed. It was designed to be a 2 cycle series. 4 Cycles were allowed in after a few years to add karts to the fields.
And, in fact, the Wankel DID dominate as Granatelli's Turbine dominated the USAC until the rules makers made them uncompetitive.

In karting there were very few Wankels were running when young Robbie Yow took two straight UAS championships and another Wankel won the third straight championship.
THIS history proves beyond a shadow of a doubt, the domination of the Wankel until it was pulled down by allowed radically larger and different engines into UAS. The new engine rules allowed single cylinder 2 cycles to run at 250cc's. The cam in blocks (valve clankers) were allowed to go from 446 to
510cc's. The DOHC's were allowed to go from 270cc's to 510cc's.
These rule changes and ONLY these rule changes brought piston engines back into the forefront of karting. Previous to that the 125 Sudam, in various forms was pretty much the ruler of the roost.
Weight changes have little effect in Unlimited karting.

Please do not, as you tried to do previously on this forum, attempt to show how the 250 2 cycle was permitted in karting. Those engines had like 9hp, and were never run in modern karting...or in UAS.

These displacement rule changes were solely the result of the Wankel joining the field...as UAS legal.
Wankels history in motor racing has been to not allow them to compete against piston engines. NHRA booted them of their organization and will not even allow them to run in motorcycles.

In karting arguing that the Wankel was "just another entry" is a foolish and deceptive argument.

Now, as for Mr.ABR....would you be so kind as to point out where I have stated that anything will ruin karting?? If "we all" are running 600's that will create up a huge opening for karting to regain membership.

In fact, the Wankel is now at a disadvantage exactly because it is a clone, and is not allowed to be run with any changes which will again make it highly competitive, let alone, rule the roost.

Another quick thing Mr.T......the TIRES are the great equalizer, not the engines.

so you can lower the minimum weight on them to 400 now right? :D

Never quoted you as saying anything would, Paul. Just tired of hearing all this and I just started running open/RWYB type stuff. It's a always someone whining about this or that. The highest levels of racing have the biggest whiners.

Bolt something on, race and shut up!

Paul your so wrong on your history it's not even funny, I could go on and correct you on every point you wrote but then you wouldn't concede your errors so what's the point.

If you can manage to Paul click on this web site. and READ and understand the words that are spelled out clearly.

http://www.unlimitedallstars.org/

THE UAS WAS CREATED IN THE YEAR 1990 TO PRESERVE OPEN KART RACING. No where in that statement does it say 2 cycle. can you understand that Paul. NO WHERE IN THAT STATEMENT DOES IT SAY 2 CYCLE. Now if you read the original rules format the 4 cycle engines were allowed then and now, Also MX engines were allowed way back then as well. Add to that the mission statement to encourage INNOVATION. This means wankles MX engines Jawa's GM's all kinds of out of the box thinking is promoted.

Back