plastic bodies

Im getting ready to order a jr body from M&M. Lots of good reviews. Can anyone tell me if the pro series is durable enough for a kid? I want to paint it but dont want a cracked body right away

Just be aware plastic bodies change drastically kart setup and handling, especially on oval chassis.

Just be aware plastic bodies change drastically kart setup and handling, especially on oval chassis.
Really? I was just wondering about this last night. I ran the same plastic body for 4 years; that's the reason I liked it.
I put a new fiberglass body on this year and my kart is way faster. Minimal changes anywhere else in my racing program.

Really? I was just wondering about this last night. I ran the same plastic body for 4 years; that's the reason I liked it.
I put a new fiberglass body on this year and my kart is way faster. Minimal changes anywhere else in my racing program.
Sure, the plastic body I tried on some of my dirt oval karts made them way too tight. They certaiy flex different. If you are tight you loose speed.

Anyone know the weight difference between plastic and fiberglass? I’ve never owned a plastic, need to shed some weight.

Besides using the plastic Majestic noses I also do not connect it to the side panels plus I remove most of the horizontal planes of the sides. Might look funky but its free and a heck of a lot easier to work on.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1613830248676 (1).jpg
    FB_IMG_1613830248676 (1).jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 57
Besides using the plastic Majestic noses I also do not connect it to the side panels plus I remove most of the horizontal planes of the sides. Might look funky but its free and a heck of a lot easier to work on.
Agree. I do the same thing. Way easier to wash, change, service tires.

You are right here. That's what I always did if I ran american style plastic bodies on sprint asphalt.

Back