plate flip flop

foreverfaster

Site Supporter
working with my first plate. 100% stock hemi predator. green plate. .425 i noted if i put the plate on forward or backward. the hole moved from the top left to the bottom right, but still was an open pathway from the carb to the engine. will it make a differance on which way i face it. at the moment i have it in the bottom right.. the thinking is that its closer to the valve and the fuel mixture should already be falling in that direction.. am i over thinking this.. we are at a 32 on jet, open air filter. no gov. no other changes. any suggestions greatly appreciated.

I have never seen a plate go on but 1 way. If you are looking at the engine , the tab should be to your left ,bottom of the carb.

I have never seen a plate go on but 1 way. If you are looking at the engine , the tab should be to your left ,bottom of the carb.
yes, typically you can see the tab and read the printing on it... now it's tucked away behind the insulator.

working with my first plate. 100% stock hemi predator. green plate. .425 i noted if i put the plate on forward or backward. the hole moved from the top left to the bottom right, but still was an open pathway from the carb to the engine. will it make a differance on which way i face it. at the moment i have it in the bottom right.. the thinking is that its closer to the valve and the fuel mixture should already be falling in that direction.. am i over thinking this.. we are at a 32 on jet, open air filter. no gov. no other changes. any suggestions greatly appreciated.
My first thought is; how can that plate be legal?

there’s an air bleed hole up in the top left of that plate for a reason. ID for the plate should be out the bottom left side.
i have the plate between the insulator and the head. D shaped gasket, restrictor, round hole gasket, insulator, gasket, carb, rubber lined steel gasket, air filter adapter. do i have this all right??

Nka rules for clone have the plate between the carb and spacer.

Or that's the way I read the rule.

If you hold the plate against the carb, the position it goes, and why become obvious.

294E628A-F96F-4000-B1C0-696BC7A2BEAD.jpeg

Back