Platinum chassis

Its a TG3 Model, Not sure on the year.

Its a 375 # Adult Class, run on about a 1/8 mile track.

58% Left, 46 % Nose, 62% Cross

Nothing for Camber
Nothing for Toe

12 Driver
69 On Rear

2 Disk 6 Spring Bully Clutch

Not really sure on how the clutch should be set up but the axle doesn't roll smoothly when up off the ground. I spin the tires and turns for a couple rotations.

Other karts I have looked at turn smooth. Not sure if its something in the clutch.

Replaced everything on the axle so assuming its something in the clutch which is also brand new.

Its a TG3 Model, Not sure on the year.

Its a 375 # Adult Class, run on about a 1/8 mile track.

58% Left, 46 % Nose, 62% Cross

Nothing for Camber
Nothing for Toe

12 Driver
69 On Rear
When you say not had much luck with set up ? Because of a handling issue ? or just lacking speed ? which motor ? Track size ?

The kart is to tight so making me over steer but not every time. I believe it might also be the the track. Running on I believe a 1/8 mile track.

I also think I am lacking speed, I come out of the corners fast but after a second the karts in front of me will pull away faster.

I run a Clone from Hawk Motor Sports from Wisconsin.

1/8 mile track on a 12/69 with a clone... that’s off. If it’s not happening all the time your push is like caused on entry. Either entering too low and early or just plain overdriving it due to playing catch-up .

The kart is to tight so making me over steer but not every time. I believe it might also be the the track. Running on I believe a 1/8 mile track.

I also think I am lacking speed, I come out of the corners fast but after a second the karts in front of me will pull away faster.

Would need to know your camber settings before advising on the push, and how much rear stagger, 12/69 on a 1/8 mile track your way off and gear bound and have no chance of making any speed, as for the rear not spinning more free on the stand sounds like the chain is to tight.

yeah 14/63 would be a good starting point. Did your 12 driver have a bearing or bronze bushing? The bushing drivers do have more parasitic drag than the bearing drivers do.

That bushing will get you some drag as well you don’t want. Open the bushing up a bit with a flap wheel or better yet just get a bully 12 with the bearing. That’s a lot of your drag. And as said before run your chain on the edge of loose. It will free it up. After it’s setup spray it down lightly with Tri flow or a good light oil. Bearings and chain.

Is your mount an adjustable top plate??? I bet the mount isnt straight causing improper chain alignment

Hawk Motor Sports should be a good engine .
Your racing Thunder Valley or somewhere esle ?
I would get off the 12 for sure .
The tight handling issue , for help you need to tell about tires and chassis set up .

Back