PLEASE HELP

Disconnect the clutch/belt and the throttle cable so it is just the engine. tell us if the engine will idle or go to a high rev

Ok. If the engine revs above idle when you start it, you have an idle problem at the engine. If no and you hook up the clutch and it tries to go, you have a belt/clutch problem. If you have an engine idle problem give me a call while you are near the engine. 570-515-0379

These engines are designed to run at 3600 RPM when in start postionChoke is closed throttle plate closedyou move it to run the Gov takes over and open wide open until it starts and then the Gov adjusts engine speed to constant 3600 RPM. When it takes off engine is loaded RPM go down Gov opens throttle to gain RPM. You have to override the govenerwith a throttle setup so it runs at below clutch engagement speed.

These engines are designed to run at 3600 RPM when in start postionChoke is closed throttle plate closedyou move it to run the Gov takes over and open wide open until it starts and then the Gov adjusts engine speed to constant 3600 RPM. When it takes off engine is loaded RPM go down Gov opens throttle to gain RPM. You have to override the govenerwith a throttle setup so it runs at below clutch engagement speed.
This is what I was thinking.....
Did you take the motor out of the box, slap it on and then start it?

What type throttle control set up .
Hold the throttle butterfly closed with your hand , then open the choke .
Did you try this .
Holding the butterfly /throttle blade with your hand ?
Like Mac 49 says you tube hasplenty of videos depicting the throttle control .
A picture would help .

Thank you for all the tips guys and ill probably get that throttle linkage kit in a little while but my truck just died on me yesterday and now i gotta deal with that first. ill post when i get it all together

Back